on 10 August 2010
This is one of the two best books for an overview of distributed systems. The other one is by Tanenbaum with the same title. This is a wide and extensive topic and both books cover all the things you need to know. Pretty much each chapter can be the object of a specific book in its own right, and most actually are. After looking
at this book (or Tanenbaum's), you will be ready to delve further. Excellent work.
on 31 October 2011
This product was perfect for what I wanted, where I am studying at University I have found that the module that I am taking is based on this book. I feel that this book is everything that need and couldn't fault the book. It tells you everything you need to know and I think it is an excellent book.
on 8 March 2014
A must have for Distributed System's students!
Very nice practical examples for a better understand of the theory of distributed systems.
on 18 May 2014
The book is very good and explains things clearly. A very useful book to get hold of if any of your modules cover distributed systems.
on 2 October 2010
This book is a good choice for those who wants to gain basic knowledge in Distributed Systems topic. Hard cover, nice papers
on 1 March 2015
That book really helped me to pass an exam when I was studying for my Master's degree.
on 4 June 2007
Awful style of writing, content is all over the place and uses too much formal notation and set theory. If you are looking to learn new things here, then this book isn't for you. I have had the displeasure of sitting an exam based on the material from this book.

The authors seem to use as much complicated language as possible, making seemingly simple concepts sound a lot harder to understand. They will introduce new ideas in an ad hoq manor, mid sentence making revision painful indeed.

Unless like me you have an exam on the topics specific to this book, I'd recommend the Tanenbaum book, who has a better grasp of writing.
on 28 October 2009
For the price and the used status I was expecting a product of much less quality than I received (call me a pessimist). I was surprised at the quality of the product; spotless, like new. The delivery time was minimal. I would certainly use this vendor in future.