on 19 August 2005
This series of books, while certainly comprehensive, amount to nothing more than an expanded explanation of the features descriptions found within the application help. I was under no illusion that it would be otherwise, as I bought the book to leaf through whilst away from the PC. Help files are great but, but being able to read up on the application away from the screen is a great help.
But If you want a book with in depth tutorials then this is not the book for you.
on 24 August 2007
I have bought several books on Adobe After Effects. Naturally some have been more useful than others but I'd put this one right at the top of the pile. It's not a book of tutorials as such (though there is a practical aspect), but I have found it to be an invaluable resource while I have been learning how to use the programme (an ongoing process). Specific informaton is easy to find within the book. Explanations of the features and how to use them are clear and written in a relaxed tone that makes it a lot more 'readable' than the official manual. These types of book are generally expensive but I found this particular one is more than worth the price.
on 29 July 2012
Tough things made easy,if you have something called art in you, this can bring it out certainly. But I missed the cd with it.