5.0 out of 5 stars The best html guide I have come across!
To begin with I was a little dawnted by the huge index page and all the unrecognisable jargon.
I was vaguely familiar with html and web design before I bought this book and found the structure suited my capabilities.
The book starts by introducing the easier techniques and running through to the more difficult html and xhtml. This structure would allow novices...
Published on 28 Oct. 2003 by Amazon Customer

2.0 out of 5 stars Not Easy Peasy
As I want to be able to create my own website from scratch I thought I must get to grips with HTML. Looking through the list of books I finally decided on this one. Yes it's a good book, but to be honest it isn't really aimed at complete novices like myself. The layout is confusing as it doesn't seem to go from the basics to building a site in easy stages. On the plus...
Published on 10 July 2011 by A. Roberton

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars The best HTML resource yet, 27 Jan. 2004
This review is from: HTML for the World Wide Web with XHTML and CSS. (Visual QuickStart Guide) (Paperback)
Although I have never really read this book cover to cover, it has been by my side for a long time, in my carreer, I was up and running very quickly in the world of HTML, I came from a traditional desktop enviroment to the world of web within in an hour with the aid of this book, it always teaches the basics well enough to be able to elaborate on them myself. I have just purchased her XML book, and have no doubt it will do the same for me. I am now a great believer in Visual Quickstart books, as I have now the PHP and mySQL books, they seem to quickly teach the basic, and get me going. I really don't have the time anymore to trowel thru 750 pages of wrox drivel!!

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a reference manual., 18 July 2004
For those not familiar with the 'Visual QuickStart Guide' style of books they are a reference manual. The book splits each category (tables,frames etc) and then an individual page to each tag with a brief description. This is purely a reference manual and cannot be read through without falling asleep. It is still however a brilliant reference but its description is a little mis-guiding.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perhaps the best computing book I've ever read, 20 Sept. 2004
Cole Davis (London) - See all my reviews
... and I've read rather a lot. Practical but with plenty of explanation, my only gripe is with the colouring of illustrations; if it's not black or white, it's red (even if referring to blue or whatever). Still, a brilliant book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 7 Jan. 2013
Worth the 5 star rating.
i use it every day that I am writing HTML. As an old school COBOL programmer it taught me HTML from the basics up.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good book, 21 Mar. 2013
Lina Wang (Sheffield, UK) - See all my reviews
Although it is a second hand book, i am really satisfied with the quality of this book. I learned a lot about website designing.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good introduction to the subject, 25 April 2013
Good intro. However haven't gone through enough to make a difference personally. Need to complete to really know if its good.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 29 Oct. 2014
it's ok!

5.0 out of 5 stars Top Class From the USA to The UK, 5 May 2009
Even though it was a Bank Holiday here in the UK. The book arrived a Day
early within thier time scale. Condition of the book is better than expected. Will always use again.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

HTML for the World Wide Web with XHTML and CSS. (Visual QuickStart Guide)
Used & New from: £0.01