5.0 out of 5 stars Love Old Stuff
This map is for planning where you are going and requires a big table. It is not suitable for finding directions while driving in the car. We are planning a trip to the UK later this year and want to see as much really old stuff as we can!! Very helpful.
Published on 14 Feb 2012 by JudyMac

3.0 out of 5 stars Fold out map
Good product but not what I had expected from the description of 'Guide' I thought it would be more of a booklet
Published 17 months ago by Karen Pickavance

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Love Old Stuff, 14 Feb 2012
JudyMac (New Zealand) - See all my reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars A good guide for us 'Ancient' buffs, 19 Sep 2012
This review is from: Ancient Britain (Historical Map and Guide) (Map)
There is something about stone circles and ancient monuments which makes us think long and hard about the eternal questions of why, what, when and how? This guide will not answer those questions but it will allow you to find those monuments in order to visit and ponder those questions. A clear, practical guide which does what is required and with some information about what you are looking for to boot.

5.0 out of 5 stars wonderful :), 27 July 2012
This review is from: Ancient Britain (Historical Map and Guide) (Map)
really good product, allows me to understand my areas local history and vist more exciting sites, I hope OS make more for diffrent periods soon

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, 14 Feb 2014
This review is from: Ancient Britain (Historical Map and Guide) (Map)
Good quality (as to be expected from OS). Map of Britain is split over front and back of the sheet. Antiquities of different ages and site types are distinguished by various coloured and shaped markers. Extends from Palaeolithic to early Medieval. Gives a good overview and indication of archaeology of different regions, but of course it does omit many monuments - including some that are locally-significant. Perhaps the OS could republish a series of 'Ancient Britain' maps - focussing on i) Prehistory ii) Roman iii) early Medieval - for greater detailed coverage.

4.0 out of 5 stars Authoritative, 28 Sep 2013
RobW (Hertfordshire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ancient Britain (Historical Map and Guide) (Map)
A helpful and clearly authoritative map. One has to have reasonably good eyesight to make maximum use of it, though.

3.0 out of 5 stars Fold out map, 17 April 2013

4.0 out of 5 stars Browse Factor!, 11 May 2014
This review is from: Ancient Britain (Historical Map and Guide) (Map)
I'll start by saying I purchased this map for a purpose it was not intended for! The primary reason I bought this map for is to quickly look up grid references through out the whole of the U.K. The grid intervals are at 10km intervals so you can quickly determine a location down to that resolution and if required estimate to 1km. Yes you could fire up you're computer/tablet/phone and look it up or hunt through the overflowing maps drawer but I suspect this would take far longer. Secondly studying meteorology you often require a reference map with towns and cities but also coastline to understand some of the specifics of future weather phenomena. Weather maps don't usually have much location data. What I have found is that I have spent a great deal of time studying this map and its fascinating historical information. I am now planning my next U.K. holiday with all this in mind. Any way to sum up its great but I do wonder why Ordnance Survey don't publish as a plain modern map without the historic layers, it would in my opinion be very useful addition to their fantastic range of maps.

3.0 out of 5 stars not much specific area detail., 14 Mar 2014
This review is from: Ancient Britain (Historical Map and Guide) (Map)
Its ok. looked at it. if you have a whole map of UK there is only so much detail you can add in. nothing in my area but good for the bookcase.

5.0 out of 5 stars A handy map, 31 Dec 2013
This review is from: Ancient Britain (Historical Map and Guide) (Map)
This map doesn't include as much as it could )many stone circles are missing) but it is useful, if cumbersome.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Map, 13 Dec 2013
This review is from: Ancient Britain (Historical Map and Guide) (Map)
This is a great map and I recommend it. Hours of 'well I never knew that!' for people as nosey as me...

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Ancient Britain (Historical Map and Guide)
Ancient Britain (Historical Map and Guide) by Ordnance Survey (Map - 21 April 2011)