4.0 out of 5 stars OS touring map of UK with ancient sites marked
The map is pretty much what you expect of a UK touring map coloured to indicate heights (green - brown), but with the modern road information all changed to a light grey to make it less obtrusive. Ancient sites are then marked in coloured symbols and words. The map is double sided with the South on one side and the North on the other, split near Kendal

I find...
Published on 20 Dec 2008 by M. littler

3.0 out of 5 stars Map easy to read
Published on 6 Mar 2010 by Mr. P. M. Sawyer

4.0 out of 5 stars OS touring map of UK with ancient sites marked, 20 Dec 2008
M. littler "mike62099" (Cheshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ancient Britain (Historical Map) (Map)

I find the greyed out information still obtrusive, and the ancient site information is not as easilly visible as I might have liked. To be fair though, I dont think you could do a lot better without removing all of the modern information, which then might make it difficult to pinpoint the ancient sites.

The ancient information also includes Roman and Early Medieval, each colour coded. Bronze age information in orangey brown is not strikingly evident in the hills, which are also orangey brown. It takes a few minutes to get used to.

It would probably be better suited to electronic publishing, where you could choose to switch on and off different information, to give you clearer views of what you were looking for.

3.0 out of 5 stars Map easy to read, 6 Mar 2010
This review is from: Ancient Britain (Historical Map) (Map)
I bought this map as a present for my wife, to go with her first ever metal detector. I thought that it would provide enough local detail for us to go out on day trips to walk and doa bit of metal detection. I was disappointed that it does not provide detail of local historic sites that I could get elsewhere from large scale OS maps. It would probably be more suited to someone more interested in wanting an historic overview of the country or to understand where historic sites are grouped together.

3.0 out of 5 stars Ancient Britain - Historical Map!, 10 Jun 2010
Je Salter (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ancient Britain (Historical Map) (Map)
Whilst this map does contain areas and place of historical significance, I was surprised to see that the first four things I looked for were not there:

Beeston Castle, Cheshire - Roman findings/12th Century and English Civil War significance!

Peckforton Castle Cheshire - As above.

Caerphilly Castle - 12th/13th Century Significance.

Eythrope Medival Settlement, Buckinghamshire - Saxon/12th Century.

I wonder what else is inaccurate? Nethertheless, it's nice to have!

5.0 out of 5 stars Ancient sites junkie., 9 May 2013
This review is from: Ancient Britain (Historical Map) (Map)
This map has been invaluable during my trips to the UK. I've had it a few years now and wouldn't be without it.

Ancient Britain (Historical Map)
Ancient Britain (Historical Map) by Ordnance Survey (Map - 16 May 2005)
Used & New from: 0.95