5.0 out of 5 stars Great recipes, easy to follow cookbook

3.0 out of 5 stars Fine but not the best
Published on 29 Jun 2005 by S. L. C. Littlejohn

5.0 out of 5 stars Great recipes, easy to follow cookbook, 9 Nov 2002
By A Customer
This review is from: Linda's Kitchen: Simple & Inspiring Recipes for Meals without Meat: Simple and Inspiring Recipes for Meals Without Meat (Paperback)
This book was unleashed on the world in the same week as I moved in with my vegetarian boyfriend (now my husband). I had no clue about vegetarian cooking and bought this book in the hope it would help. It is a fantastic book. There is a great selection of recipes with very easy to follow instructions and lots of practical advice on the vegetarian way of life. Several of the recipes in this book are now regular favourites in this household, and I am sure this would be echoed by others who purchased this book. it is very much a "hands on" cookery book rather than a "coffe table" book.
Ir you are looking for a good all round vegetarian cookery book - you could do much worse than to give this a go. the Rice and vegetable cheese bake on page 200 is worth the price on its own

3.0 out of 5 stars Fine but not the best, 29 Jun 2005
S. L. C. Littlejohn "Catrin" (Durham, UK) - See all my reviews
This book is good if you've just become vegetarian and don't know where to start but now I'm more experienced I find it relies too heavily on meat substitutes, eg, soy mince, veggie sausages, for my own tastes. If you're going vegetarian for health reasons or you avoid processed foods I wouldn't recommend it. Otherwise fine and it has some good ideas, especially the barbeque section.

4.0 out of 5 stars A gem of a book!, 15 Nov 2001
By A Customer
This review is from: Linda's Kitchen (Hardcover)
Having been quite reluctant to even open a cookbook by Linda, knowing of her stance on food. I was so very agreeably surprised with this one! Easy, quick recipes that are very good! I have tryed five of the recipes out of this book in the space of two weeks and will try more. First borrowed from a library I am now buying my own copy and it will become a staple cookbook for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great everyday meals., 27 July 2013
This has turned our cooking habits around. It's easy to eat lots more veggie meals with Lindas recipes.

Arrived quickly, great condition. A bargain.

1.0 out of 5 stars extremely inconvenient, 6 April 2000
By A Customer
This review is from: Linda's Kitchen (Hardcover)
The recipes are expensive and inconvenient, particularly for those with limited access to some of the ingredients. The book is not aimed at the general public. Furthermore, Linda McCartney "coined" several recipes as if she had invented them indeed! There are far better books on vegetarian cooking one can consult.