5.0 out of 5 stars Gideon a Must Read for Thriller Fans!!!!, 30 Mar 2004
Aaron Gulliver (Manchester, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Gideon (World War II) (Hardcover)
when I first glanced at the book looks dull and not all that interesting but on reading the background of the book and my goodness what a book!!. amazingly well written by Andrews (a Pen Name).
Its pretty much non-stop action from the off at times it was almost has if I was with Carl Granvile and Amanda Mays has they struggled to clear Carls name for murder. The character development during the course of the book is impressive and the relationships between the heroes and the villians is well done.
if I was to do this is just one for two words i'd say "Amazingly addictive" and "Possiably the best i've read".
"Gideon" is a Book where nothing is really given away until the last three chapters or so,and with a interesting turn of events towards the end of the book (one with I personally wasnt expecting) its defintely a book for the thriller fan and those who like a good read.
Five stars all round truly Amazing book!

5.0 out of 5 stars Gideon - a thriller - not wrong, 29 July 2000
By A Customer
This review is from: Gideon (World War II) (Hardcover)
The pages seemed to be glued to my hands, whatever time, day or night, I just had to finish it, as Carl, a nobody turned somebody tries to clear his name in dramatic style. The characters are wickedly realistic with some scary resemblences to media giants. This book could so easily come true in years to come, which makes it all the more compelling. if I had the money, I would make it into a film, it would make millions. Youv'e got to read this. ABSOLUTELY ASTOUNDING!

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply the best , and most believable thriller ., 24 April 2000
This review is from: Gideon (World War II) (Hardcover)
Russell Andrews beats such excellent writers as John Grisham, Gerald Seymour, Le Carre etc in this tale of political intrigue, Multi-National hunger for power, that includes cold-blooded killers and more than its fair share of sex. Nevertheless it is completely believable and is a compulsive page-turner, with numerous twists and false leads. I simply could not put it down and recommend it as the best thriller that I have ever read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutly Brilliant, 3 Jun 2004
M. Virgo (Cambridge, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Gideon (World War II) (Hardcover)
I picked this book up as i was in the airport on my way out on holiday. I dont usually read these kind of thrillers mainly i stick to War thrillers such as the brilliant Patrick Robinson but it looked interesting on reading the brief outline on the back cover. How surprissed was i when i began and became completly engrossed in the story, finding myself creating a deep feeling for the charecters and wishing at times that i could help them out. An absolute must read.

Gideon (World War II)
Gideon (World War II) by Russell Andrews (Hardcover - 10 Jun 1999)
Not in stock; order now and we'll deliver when available