on 25 April 2011
We own several of Ed Emberley's drawing books and my sons love them all. My kids draw non-stop. Seriously, from sun up to sun down they are drawing and doodling their way through reams of paper. These books have helped them hone their ability to transmit the ideas from their imaginations onto the blank page with greater confidence. The ability to see that even what appear to be complicated drawings are in fact such a collection of lines and dots has improved their mark making and, therefore, the clarity of their drawings. These books are fun and the images children are guided through creating are always fun. My boys love all things spooky so the Halloween book has proved to be perfect for them. Highly recommended for all small budding artists!
on 27 October 2014
Whenever Christmas or a birthday is approaching, my kids know that an Ed Emberley drawing book is on its way. We all love these books and have collected quite a few of them now. This year I decided to buy them one for Halloween.

To say that Ed Emberley's drawing books are BRILLIANT is an understatement. They are really fantastic, teaching you step by step how to draw a myriad of objects and animals following very easy steps. If you are capable of drawing a few simple shapes such as a triangle, a circle or an arc, then you can draw everything shown in the book.

In this book Ed Emberley has grouped together some weird beings and objects that are typically associated with Halloween. Do you want to learn how to draw bats? skeletons? witches mixing their couldron? monsters? black cats? or spiders? Following very easy steps this book teaches you how to draw all these and many others. Things you thought very difficult will prove extremely easy to draw.

I highly recommend these drawing books to everyone, young and adult, but especially to kids like mine who are always at the table with their colours doodling on papers.