5.0 out of 5 stars Great for any age!
Published on 28 July 1999

1.0 out of 5 stars No good
This book was not what I was expecting! The pictures are very small. There are far better 'learn how to draw' books out there.
Published 3 months ago by POOJA TOOLSY

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for any age!, 28 July 1999
By A Customer
I am 13 years old and a pretty decent drawer, and I must say that when I first started drawing from this book I couldn't believe how well Ed Emberley illustrated it. I think that people of all ages can improve their drawing if they take a look at Ed Emberley's fantastic illustrations in this book. With wonderful colors and marvelous illustrations, I would recommend it to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Greatest Drawing Book., 7 Mar 1998
By A Customer
I can easily remember the dozens of times I took this book out from the library when I was a kid. I would draw for hours. There wasn't anything that this book didn't tell you how to draw. Cars, boats, houses, people, bridges, and hundreds of other objects. And the best part about the book is how easy everything is. Any kid who has the ability to draw lines, curves and circles can draw everything in this book. From chairs and desks to fancy boats with many sails, from bicycles and tricycles to tractors and tractor trailers, this book had it all. I would recommend this book to people of all ages. It is guaranteed to keep any young artist occupied for hours on end. The best book of its kind.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fun for young and old, 4 May 1999
By A Customer
I have given this book away more times than I can count. Sometimes as an intentional gift, other times I share it with a child in a waiting room or on an airplane, and they're so taken with it I have to let them keep it! It's a fun system that lets anyone draw charming little scenes with immediate success. Great introduction before moving on to more advanced books by others such as Lee Ames, Mark Kistler and Betty Edwards. But, the truth is, I love this book, too, and have fun with it all the time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous learn-to-draw book, 1 Nov 2012
This review is from: Ed Emberley's Drawing Book: Make A World (Ed Emberley Drawing Books) (Paperback)
I was given this as a birthday present when I was five years old with the inscription "I wish I'd had this when I was your age". I've now given it to a number of five and six year olds, all of whom have enjoyed it (though sometimes not as much as their parents!)

It's packed with a wide range of drawings, from cars and buildings to animals and superheroes, each of which can be created from simple geometric shapes. Ed Emberley also includes lots of variations, encouraging children to experiment once they've got the hang of the basic shape. You probably wouldn't want to draw in this way forever, but it's a great starting point for any budding young artist.

5.0 out of 5 stars It made my life better, 6 Mar 1998
By A Customer
All these pictures, I can't decide which ones to do. They are all so easy to draw. And I like it that way. This book made me into a great artist. Keith (age 6 1/2)

5.0 out of 5 stars Creating a world for my animated film, 18 Jan 2013
I bought this as and other books in the same series as I want to animate a children's story that I have written - I can't draw, but I had thought that drawing simple human faces and figures would be easy. I found that it was - however, with ththe "Faces" book I have already created a series of drawing of my main characters and as part of the story is set in a typical town this book is proving to be very useful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for all the family, 25 Jun 2012
Bought for my children aged 6 and 8 , both enjoy drawing and crafting and within minutes had produced their own drawings of boats cars etc,I too found myself willing away time doodling no end of things ,surprising myself at the pleasure in being able to produce something that was instantly recognisable ! Great to have something that really kept us happy talking and entertained without needing to be plugged in !

4.0 out of 5 stars Great book., 30 Aug 2011
I bought this along with Ed's faces and animal books. Whilst my son loves the books this was his least favourite as the pictures are very small compared to the other books and it was harder to follow the steps. Still a great book though and a great buy for youngsters.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best Drawing Book Ever, 29 April 1998
By A Customer
I recently went back to the library that I went to as a kid (I'm 30 now), and, without even looking it up, I remembered the exact location of Ed Emberley's book. I had checked it out so many times and spent so many hours with it that I knew what was on every page before I turned it. The possibilities it offers to a young kid to express themselves confidently and easily through drawing is amazing. Just by putting together simple shapes, the book enables kids (and nostalgic 30 year-olds) to draw whatever thay can imagine. Better get the harcover version, because kids will wear this book out. The best.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful creative book for children, 1 Mar 1999
By A Customer
This book is wonderful for children (and the adults that receive their drawings). I had this book as a child and rember spending days drawing entire worlds for my grandparents. As with all Ed Emberley books it shows that you do not have to know how to draw to draw. This encourages children to explore their creativity without worrying if their drawing look like what they want it to look like. I'm planning to buy this book for my Spanish speaking god child, this is a book that goes far beyond the limits of language.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Ed Emberley's Drawing Book: Make A World (Ed Emberley Drawing Books)