5.0 out of 5 stars Essential buy for old siblings!, 28 May 2012
This review is from: What Baby Needs (Sears Children's Library) (Hardcover)
I read this book to my 2 1/2 year old several times a day before/after her new sister was born. It prepared her for the reality of having a baby in the house in a way that other books didn't - that the baby would be sharing our sleeping space, being breastfed, carried in a sling etc. It is very positive (lots of use of "just like YOU did when you were a baby", and "now you are an older child you can...") and she has accepted her new sister (now 6 months old) in the most welcoming, loving way I could have imagined!

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely AP new baby sibling book, 30 Aug. 2014
This review is from: What Baby Needs (Sears Children's Library) (Hardcover)
I loved this book. It really helped prepare my two year old for new baby's arrival. If you're an attachment parent, it's great to have a book that reflects key practices (breastfeeding, slinging, co-sleeping) and how much new baby needs mummy. There are americanisms (eg 'diaper') but I found that a small price to pay.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely book for preparing kids for a new baby, 20 Feb. 2015
This review is from: What Baby Needs (Sears Children's Library) (Hardcover)
The perfect book for preparing the family for it's newest member. It's wonderfully 'real' - like saying 'sometimes it feels like the baby is always with mommy' - but also encouraging and loving.
It offers the child guidance on how to be a helper and have fun with daddy & siblings.
I bought quite a few books when my little one became a big sister, but this is the only one I would recommend.

4.0 out of 5 stars I particularly loved the breastfeeding and bedsharing in this, 30 Aug. 2014
A. L. Stevens - See all my reviews
This review is from: What Baby Needs (Sears Children's Library) (Hardcover)
As with all of Dr Sears' books, this children's book deals sensitively with all the changes that are going to occur when baby gets here. I particularly loved the breastfeeding and bedsharing in this, because that is how we do it here :) In most mainstream baby books, baby gets a bottle and is plopped in a crib.

4.0 out of 5 stars lovely, 8 Aug. 2013
This review is from: What Baby Needs (Sears Children's Library) (Hardcover)
One less star due to it talks about mom and dad so American and my children have a step father so I just changed dad as it wasn't appropriate. Expecting twins my youngest daughter showed negativity this helped her to understand that not being the youngest could be a good thing =) would recommend.

What Baby Needs (Sears Children's Library)
What Baby Needs (Sears Children's Library) by Martha Sears (Hardcover - Sept. 2001)