5.0 out of 5 stars A perfect guide for every birth
Having trained for several years to become a midwife, I have to say the Pregnancy Book was the first refreshing book with new information I've read in a long time. I am an expectant Mom, too, and it covers all the bases. When I feel low, I turn to my current month and get some well-needed sympathy for the trials of pregnancy. Overall a great book
Published on 9 Mar 1999

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad
It is useful to know about how to deal with your pregnancy. But I do feel that there are a bit of too much information that you don't really need in this book. It will be better if there are more picture-based instruction or exercises for the pregnancy.
Published 9 months ago by Li

5.0 out of 5 stars A perfect guide for every birth, 9 Mar 1999
By A Customer
This review is from: The Pregnancy Book: A Month-By-Month Guide Tag: Everythg. You Need to Know from America'S.. (Paperback)

5.0 out of 5 stars A great way to approach birth and parenting positively, 27 Sep 1998
By A Customer
This book strikes just the right balance. It reinforces how natural and miraculous pregnancy and birth are. It include great info on nutrition, exercise, childbirth techniques, fetal development, and maternal changes. It discusses possible complications so that you can be alert for warning signs, but avoids scaring you about every rare possibility.
It helps the Sears' credibility to know they have raised 8 children of their own--they are speaking from real-life rather than from theory.
I also enjoyed The Birth Book by the Sears--lots more info about preparing for birth. I've found The Baby Book to more of a mixed blessing. Lots of good info, but too stuck on one doctrine without compromise (Attachment Parenting)

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful and reassuring!, 27 April 1999
By A Customer
A friend who just had a baby gave me this book, and it was wonderful! It has helped me 20X's more than "What to Expect..." ever has. I am a single mom, and I didn't feel that this book was any more biased than most. The information was clear, comforting, and answered question after question that I needed answered. I would HIGHLY recommend this book!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent resource, 10 July 1998
By A Customer
I really disagree w/the reviewer who called this book "annoying and patronizing." I did not find it doctrinaire or judgmental or narrow-minded or condescending at all, but rather reassuring, detailed, accurate, and amply illustrated w/welcome personal accounts. While "What to Expect" creates false fears and seems hell-bent on making its readers feel guilty for not embracing nutritional perfection, the Sears et al. book has an allowing and realistic air. It does make assumptions about marital status/heterosexuality, but I did not experience these as force-fed (though such biases have no place in any pregnancy book).

5.0 out of 5 stars Great resource and easy to read, 16 Jan 1998
By A Customer
This book is an excellent source of intelligent pregnancy information. Instead of leading the reader to look for problems, Dr. Sears et al do a wonderful job of presenting the information in a positve and educational way. Information in the monthly sections is timely for each stage of pregnancy without being repetitive or hard to find. A GREAT alternative to "What to Expect..."

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad, 4 Mar 2014

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Book to Refer to throughout your pregnancy, 6 Mar 1998
By A Customer
I found the information to be very accurate and informative. I only feel more pictures could have added some extra spice to the book. This book is a must to add to your pregnancy literary library.

Not in stock; order now and we'll deliver when available