Shop now Shop now Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now

on 8 December 2011
Much more challenging than Charley Boorman's exploits with Ewan McGregor, his entry into the Dakar Rally was an extremely brave, even foolhardy, venture. Without doubt the Dakar is the toughest race in the world, both on men/women and machines. This book tells the story of the highs and lows from planning and preparation to the finish at Dakar.
In case you don't know, I won't tell you how it pans out, but I take my hat off to the three Race To Dakar riders and their wonderful support team, who are such an important part of the story. If you haven't seen the DVD yet, I would suggest that you read the book first, but if you have seen the DVD, the book tells the story in more detail and is well worth reading.
on 7 February 2009
Its not very often that we get to see the Dakar race and what actually happens.
Its a really fascinating documentary which is well worth watching and reading about.
on 22 March 2011
Race to Dakar

I'm a big fan of Charley Boorman, have read his and Ewan McGregors accounts of their motorbike travels, Race to Dakar is very exciting and it felt like Charley was sitting across from you telling the story... I have sent for By any Means and look forward to its arrival....
Even if you arent a motorbike enthusiast, as I am not, you will thoroughly enjoy this plain speaking and very funny account of the race...
on 12 February 2015
Liked it a lot but my partner couldn't get into it, finding it a bit tedious, we usually enjoy the same sort of books, however, I think if you have a bit of a sense of adventure and fun it is an enjoyable read especially if you follow the Dakar. You might just be tempted to try it yourself!
on 26 February 2016
Fantastic book, enjoyed it so much I read it in 2 days. Authur is fantastc writer and all very accurate accounts. i have learned so much from this poignant book I now want to buy them all and try and read in the write order which is a tip I would pass on.
on 16 February 2012
A light read perfect for holiday reading, dont look at the pictures as it will spoil a fundamental part of the story - wait until you are 3/4 the way through. Not spectacular reading but easy to pick up and put down again and generally entertaining.
on 8 August 2015
A good read, not over sentimentalised but I lost interest in the last few chapters. Won't say why as to a bit of a spoiler if I do. Good read though.
on 12 January 2014
Book arrived within 3days of ordering, one day later than expected but no to worry who can complain at that price.
Will definitely use again.
on 25 February 2013
Very well written book - I could hardly stop reading...
Interesting to read more about this working of this race from an insider.
on 9 April 2013
Natural progression of books , if you have read Long way up & down. Well worth a read if you are a fan.