5.0 out of 5 stars exciting, contemporary, fact-filled blockbuster, a MUST
Published on 25 Oct. 2001 by rripard@vol.net.mt

2.0 out of 5 stars You can't turn the clock back
I think I loved this book about 25 years ago and so decided to give it a re-read on kindle.
Oh dear, it hasn't aged well. At the time it seemed plausible, even possibly true, and I think this was why I enjoyed it first time around. Cyclic climate change, asteroids and global warming have rather stolen the books thunder.
I'd forgotten that our hero was such a...
Published 21 months ago by forzabasso

5.0 out of 5 stars exciting, contemporary, fact-filled blockbuster, a MUST, 25 Oct. 2001
rripard@vol.net.mt (Malta, Mediterranean Sea) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Hab Theory (Paperback)
some years ago this book answered many of the questions i had been searching out in multidisciplinary directions, archaeology, geology, astronomy et al. Then the book got 'lent' and i never saw it again. The loss affected me in many ways, one of which was to prove to myself that what i had read was well substantiated. All the facts are true!! I would recommend this book to everyone and when i get my new copy my thirteen year old son is the first on the readagain list!! well done Mr Eckert, through a brilliant novel you have suceeded in reaching a huge portion of enlightened (more so since your book!) humans who have finally opened their eyes to reality. Thanks again.

4.0 out of 5 stars I enjoyed this a lot when I read it in the late 70's, 11 Aug. 2004
This review is from: The Hab Theory (Paperback)
I cannot believe the steep price. I really enjoyed it when I read it (late 70's or early 80's). Covered a lot of ground in a scientific/soap opera way. Not too deep and very gripping. I'll re-read it (I've still got my old copy) to see if it stands the test of time.

5.0 out of 5 stars THE END OF THE WORLD AS WE KNOW IT, 7 July 2003
This review is from: The Hab Theory (Paperback)
i read this book about 15 years ago and it stuck with me.
i have recently orderd and re read it and if anything its more relavent now than it was then.
its about a sientist who has a theory for the impending end of the world. but instead of bieng a si fi book it has a bit of everything,romance, fact, fiction ect.
it uses proven, often odd geological facts to build up his theory
and then to bring his theory to the public eye he rigs up a fake assasination on the president of America
once he has there attention he uses a renowned reporter to investigate his theory

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic Catastrophe, 22 Nov. 2013
D. A. Hart (Cambridgeshire UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The HAB Theory (Kindle Edition)
Read this in the 70's and after buying other similarly themed but slightly disappointing modern books, thought I'd read it again on kindle. First thing I noticed is that I'm not carrying a piano sized tome around! Doesn't matter how long or short the book is, it's all the same on kindle. I'm about 2/3 through it now and it really hasn't aged much at all and apart from some dated, drawn out and unneccessary love triangle scenes, is just as compelling as it was first time round. The kindle transfer is excellent and without the usual typo's. Still a great end of the world tale and a perfect kindle read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Reading for the 2nd time., 3 Sept. 2013
This review is from: The HAB Theory (Kindle Edition)
I read this book first about 30 years ago and have been searching for it for quite some time and eventually came across it via my kindle and have fully enjoyed reading it yet again.

5.0 out of 5 stars A classic, 21 July 2013
This review is from: The HAB Theory (Kindle Edition)
First read this in the seventies, lent it to a colleague, who passed it to another, who passed it to another, etc, until the book nearly fell apart. My colleagues bought me a brand new book in the end! It's very much a novel of its time, but skillfully written in a style that makes in absolutely unputdownable. Even with the hindsight of scientific discoveries since the book was written, it is paints a very frightening alternative future for planted Earth and the conclusion leaves the reader gasping.

4.0 out of 5 stars Ahead of it's time, 9 Jun. 2013
This review is from: The HAB Theory (Kindle Edition)
I read this book about 30 years ago, and allways thought of it as being the best book I had ever read!
It is a great story, well ahead of it's time in terms of the effects of global warming. But I had forgotten how much padding is in it, and I'm sure that the story could have been told with more power in less words. So only 4 stars!

2.0 out of 5 stars You can't turn the clock back, 27 April 2013
This review is from: The HAB Theory (Kindle Edition)
I'd forgotten that our hero was such a rotten lot; I'd forgotten that of our two female leads, one is a bunny boiler and the other a bit of a victim. Why do they want this man? And why would he want either of them?
I'd forgotten that the relationship dialogue and 'diary' entries went on and on and on for page after page...
And whenever anyone goes anywhere, its like Google Earth, we get a whole travel book describing every tedious turn and every dull landmark.
Two stars for the nostalgia value, otherwise give it a miss

4.0 out of 5 stars intriguing and difficult to put down., 15 Dec. 2012
This review is from: The HAB Theory (Kindle Edition)
a complicated novel with rather poor relationship ideas but riviting plot about the end of our times and a suspenseful ending.

3.0 out of 5 stars The HAB Theory Book, 8 May 2011
This review is from: The Hab Theory (Paperback)
The book content itself is as good as I remember, this is a replacement for one that was borrowed and not returned, however it took much longer than the specified delivery time and the condition of the jacket in my opinion is inferior to the description.

The Hab Theory: A Novel
The Hab Theory: A Novel by Allan W. Eckert (Hardcover - Feb. 1976)
Used & New from: £33.23