5.0 out of 5 stars I couldn't put this book down
What a fantastic continuation to a gripping series.

I couldn't put down this London-based steampunk/contemporary/urban fantasy mash-up. Xandy is a heroine whose life is in transition. Happily admitting she doesn't want to deal with all the life changing choices she has, the hunt for her missing brother is the driver of this book.

It's actually...
Published 17 months ago by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as the first 1
I loved God save the Queen. The characters were interesting, the plot was action packed and engaging. When I finished it I was eager to read the next installment. Perhaps my expectations were too high, I expected the same kind of novel here as the first 1. What you get instead is a highly watered down version focusing far more on Xandra's incisiveness. Yes I think we can...
Published 17 months ago by Lord Snow Reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars Slower than the original but still good, 26 Feb 2013
Gareth Wilson - Falcata Times Blog "Falcata T... - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: The Queen Is Dead (Immortal Empire) (Hardcover)
Having loved the original I couldn't wait to get my hands on this, the second instalment as Steampunk meets Urban Fantasy is this top notch series. Whilst the first book was fast paced and action packed, this title took a slower route, allowing the reader, alongside the principle character, to get their baring on her latest role.

Throw into the mix, some sleight of hand, political double dealing and of course learning how to survive in the deadly world of leadership/royalty and you can understand why Xandra could wish for her old life as Royal Guard back. Whilst this book is slower than the original, it does have some cracking moments as well as laying down some more world building magic to get things ready for one hell of a next title. Great stuff.

5.0 out of 5 stars Different, 21 Feb 2013
Mrs. U. Maclean (NLW- UK) - See all my reviews
I have really enjoyed both books in this series, a new take on the vampire/werewolf/ other species stories. The mix of Victorian stuffiness and kick-ass, technology using, female heroine is well written and fun. I am very much hoping that there is going to be another episode in this series.

5.0 out of 5 stars I don't often pre-order & I wasn't disappointed, 20 Feb 2013
I adored the first book in the series and spent my birthday money pre-ordering this one - it builds on the fabulous alt-world of the first book and let's the characters develop further

Can't wait for the next installment

The Queen Is Dead (Immortal Empire)
The Queen Is Dead (Immortal Empire) by Kate Locke (Hardcover - 5 Feb 2013)
Used & New from: 0.01