Format: Paperback|Change

on 5 February 2013
I hardly ever think of giving feedback on things I buy but this book is so good that I want to share the knowledge! This is a weight loss plan but it is so much more than that. This is an eating plan for a longer life and for the best of health.The whole book is about how to eat in the way that science shows to be the best for optimum health. There is information that you are not getting from the health authorities.

Dr. Furhman favours a plant based diet because that is what all the studies show to be the optimum for us. But there are recipes for non vegetarians too.
The weight loss plan is based on eating nutritious foods that keep you from ever being hungry. The diet has a 6 week starter set out. You can follow the diet he sets out or your own adaptation based on the knowledge in the book.

I decided to follow it as set out. I have cooked the recipes he gives and stuck to his menus almost 100%. The recipes are delicious and very filling. Someone said the recipes were no good but I could not disagree more. Maybe that reviewer is used to a very unhealthy diet! I am a strict vegetarian (ie no animal products at all) so the fresh food, delicious vegetable soups and salads he prescribes suit me very well.

You never feel hungry on this plan and the reason is that the food is bulky and very filling and is so nutritious that your body is not craving for any nutrients.

I strongly recommend this book. Eat to Live: The Amazing Nutrient-Rich Program for Fast and Sustained Weight Loss
on 24 March 2013
Used Dr Fuhrman's plan and lost 30lb in 6 weeks. Slackened off a little over the holiday period and weight stayed the same. Into it again in the next few weks and want to lose another 15 - 30 lb
on 19 March 2010
I have angina, hence the will to improve my health, and this book is making sense. I have had no advice from my doctors, just lose weight is all they said. This man explains why. Its very repetitive, but maybe that way the message might actually sink in.
I dont know how long I can keep the extreme diet up, but so far I have lost 10lbs in 2 weeks. So, thats not bad, and I feel well in myself.
on 30 August 2010
This book explains, with excellent reasoning, the real food issues.
This book was recommended by someone very close to me, and I cannot thank him enough.
I am now much better educated about food.The explanatory diagrams are good and simple to understand.
These should be copied and put on the fridge.
The main aim of the book is to prevent illness and it makes a great contribution to wellness.
I will certainly be buying the new issue out shortly.
Thank you Joel Fuhrman,M.D., you will never know how much this book has meant to me.
on 26 April 2013
Started this diet 14 weeks ago. I have coeliac disease, fibromyalgia, migraines weekly this has progressively been like this since I was very young. I had a very restricted life Since I started the diet the gluten side of my diet was sorted straight away so no trouble. the migraines stopped immediately and have had only one . the fibro has really eased not much pain and gradually starting to feel more energetic I have lost 14 lbs, it wasnt why i did this as i wasnt very over weight lots of people who know me say I look really well I cant believe that I have found a diet that really does what it says makes you feel we'll, I have tried many but failed for different reasons usually hunger. I use to have a really sweet tooth but have not missed the cake biscuits etc i feel very well fed no cravings. Since then I have bought 2more of dr fuhrmans books as this explains why to do the diet but the eat healthy one explains better how to apply it. I can only say try this for yourself
on 27 February 2016
I love this book, love Dr Furhrman's ideas but this way of eating is too extreme for me. I want to be healthy AND happy, so couldn't commit to the vegan life full time. The recipes are good but a big red flag for me was the fact that so many had Dr Fuhrman's 'special' sauces in them, with no alternative suggestions. I just felt a little cheated in the way Weight Watchers cheat you by pushing all their products at you through menu ideas as well as the diet. Don't think you can buy these in the UK so easily even if I wanted to. Disappointing.
on 9 March 2013
This book really broadens your mind into your diet and what you eat for a living. This was recommended to me by my doctor as we had a conversation about my future and myself wanting to become a personal trainer. I found it an incredibly addictive read with some real shocking stats and real useful information which you wouldn't think be true. I would seriously recommend this to anyone struggling with weight loss or looking at studying nutrition, becoming a PT etc as it really does give you what you need!
on 11 June 2014
This book is easy to read. It offers a lot of information and logical explanations. Program is easy to use and I would recommend this book as starting point.
on 2 March 2013
Dr Fuhrmam is amazing for sticking his neck out
and going against conventional medicine.
Reading this book could change your life.
Can be used whether you have been diagnosed with
chronic disease or not.
on 2 March 2013
This is a book for people who are serious about eating to live instead of living to eat. I really enjoyed it.