5.0 out of 5 stars All you've ever wanted from a cookbook.....and more!, 23 May 2012
This review is from: Eleven Madison Park: The Cookbook (Hardcover)
Simply put, this is a stunning cookbook.
Clear concise recipes, full chapters on recipes for sauces, purees, gels, sorbets, stocks etc. a layout of both kitchen and dining room, how the servers and chefs operate in these (flow of service etc), a full description of how the restaurant runs daily, plus some of the most amazing food photgraphy I have ever seen, all add up to the cookbook called 'Eleven Madison Park'.
This could one day be talked about in the same vein as, say, The French Laundry Cookbook, its that good.
Go and buy it, you'll never regret it.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the most talked-about cookbooks of 2011, 18 Dec 2011
This review is from: Eleven Madison Park: The Cookbook (Hardcover)
I was blown away by ELEVEN MADISON PARK THE COOKBOOK for a number of reasons. There is no doubt that this is one special cookbook. However, I am going to be totally honest with you here. As impressive as this cookbook was to me,This book is sure a beautiful cookbook to explore for food lovers like me.

As intimidated as you could get by the recipes in this cookbook, you will feel a little better after reading the first few pages of this cookbook. There is a section entitled "How to Use This Book" which states:

...the question that has come up most frequently is "Will people actually be able to cook from this book?

The simple answer is yes-ish.
If you never cook, this is probably a book that should stay on your coffee table. Many recipes require a significant time commitment, a certain level of skill, a reasonably equipped kitchen, and a healthy dose of persistence."
With that being said, I don't think anybody but a skilled chef would be attempting any of these recipes any time soon (but it would be well worth the time & effort). So I'll just have to share with you some of my thoughts about ELEVEN MADISON PARK THE COOKBOOK:
The first part of the cookbook is used to introduce the executive chef Daniel Humm and the general manager Will Guidara. There is also some history about the restaurant which I found very interesting. Needless to say, I'm now dying to visit Eleven Madison Park. I'm sure it's a once in a lifetime culinary experience!
Then it was on to the recipes for me! The cookbook is divided into sections by the seasons -- Spring, Summer, Autumn, and Winter. There are a wide variety of recipes for each season as well as absolutely amazing photographs. It probably goes without saying that recipes are pretty frou-frou (or at least for my family's tastes) and some are extremely time consuming and labor intensive. But the pictures speak louder than the words -- and these dishes look wonderful.
Another really interesting part of ELEVEN MADISON PARK was the section that showed "A Day in the Life" of the restaurant. These pages gave an hour-by hour (actually half hour-by-half hour) account of what occurs each and every day in the restaurant as the workers prepare for the customers. I was kind of surprised to learn that it's a 24 hour operation by the time you take into account the prep, service, and cleanup.
If you enjoy looking at cookbooks (and for those of you out there like me, you know exactly what I mean), then I highly recommend ELEVEN MADISON PARK THE COOKBOOK. This is truly one of the highest quality cookbooks that I've even seen, and I think it would make a terrific special gift for the food lover in your life.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book, with one flaw, 22 May 2013
This review is from: Eleven Madison Park: The Cookbook (Hardcover)
One of the most stunning cookbooks I have ever read. But considering that it is intended to be used by the experienced amateur, or professional cook, why oh why is it using spoons and cups instead of grams? The recipes become so much less accurate this way. I give it 4 out of 5 solely for this reason.

5.0 out of 5 stars My new coffee table favourite but lovely in the kitchen too., 29 April 2012
Colin J. Herd "colin j herd" (Edinburgh) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Eleven Madison Park: The Cookbook (Hardcover)
My coffee table cookbook of choice for the last few years has been Thomas Keller's double pack of French Laundry and Bouchon, packaged in that neat wallet that looks like (and at a push could probably act as) a fisherman's slab. I kept trying others, like the weighty and depressingly grey Fat Duck Cookbook or the El Bulli one, but always went back to the Keller compedium. Not anymore, though. It's been swiftly replaced on my coffee table by Eleven Madison Park, and I reckon it could be moving in for a good long while.

The reasons aren't just aesthetic, though it is an impressively gorgeous looking book. It's also that the recipes are in fact extremely enticing, even if I won't end up following them that religiously onca day to day basis, saving that for a special occasion. Instead, what I tend to use the book for are ideas. So the "John Dory Seared with Sweet Corn, Chaneterelles, Radishes and Lemongrass" has triggered a succesful dish using those same flavours in my own kitchen, though a stripped down and less complex version of the Eleven Madison Park original, for certain. Ditto the combination of Cauliflower with Grapes, Almonds and Curry. Absolutely delicious, I'm telling you.

When I have attempted one of Daniel Humm's awe-inspiring dishes, they've worked perfectly and tasted utterly delightful... I'm thinking in particular of a Lemon and Poppy Seed Cake with, wait for it, candied green olives, which is truly sensational, the sweet/salty acidity of the olives and lemons a superb pairing that works splendidly in a martini so why not in a cake...?

A truly incredible coffee table cookbook that is extremely workable in the kitchen too.

5.0 out of 5 stars a true insperation, 23 April 2013
This review is from: Eleven Madison Park: The Cookbook (Hardcover)
this book is among the top 3 I have ever purchased.
Very clear instructions, well written
Not for the beginer but a world class way to improve your skills.
the recipes are very well put together and the flavour and texture mixes really open up your mind to produce fantastic dishes.
have tried some of the plates to do with suckling pig lots of effort but really worth it.
the story behind the restaurant is also an insperation, these people are truly stars.
I have to visit

5.0 out of 5 stars Super Book, 11 Mar 2013
This review is from: Eleven Madison Park: The Cookbook (Hardcover)
Extremely good Recipes, very informative, nice photos and able to cook some recipes at home!
Can recommend that book for professional cooking

5.0 out of 5 stars Eleven Madison Park:The Cookbook, 18 Oct 2013
G. Archer (Bangor, NI) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Eleven Madison Park: The Cookbook (Hardcover)
Quite simply the crème de la crème of cookbooks. An exceptional source of background information about Executive Chef Daniel Humm, General Manager Will Guidara and the daily operation both out front and behind the scenes at Eleven Madison Park, one of the worlds top restaurants. This beautiful book showcases a vast range of their dishes by season and includes recipes, cooking techniques and the most beautiful photographs of their exquisitely plated food. The narrative suggests that many of the recipes have been adapted for the home cook - I would suggest that it is not for the faint hearted but no matter whether you are a professional chef or a very gifted amateur, the book itself is equally suited as a reference book in the kitchen or a feast for the eyes on a coffee table.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best book I own, 10 July 2014
This review is from: Eleven Madison Park: The Cookbook (Hardcover)
The best book I own, stunning images and great recipes that are easy to follow if you know how. A must have for any chef!

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommend, 27 Jun 2014
Miss S. Worsley "Kindle Virgin" (Manchester, Uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Eleven Madison Park: The Cookbook (Hardcover)
A stunningly beautiful, well written cookbook. Worth the price tag just for the beautiful photographs. Bought as a present which was very well received, so bought one for myself. Highly recommend purchasing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 21 Jun 2014
This review is from: Eleven Madison Park: The Cookbook (Hardcover)
Beautiful book, when I have time I may even cook from it. Photography superb and close ups of the plate ensure every detail can be seen.

Eleven Madison Park: The Cookbook
Eleven Madison Park: The Cookbook by Will Guidara (Hardcover - 1 Dec 2011)
34.80