5.0 out of 5 stars Grand Finale
After her last book I had to wait a full year for the conclusion to the best trilogy I have ever read. All I can say is TOTALLY WORTH IT. All the loose ends are tied up nicely and a couple of threads that I was worried would go wrong were explained in a believable and plausible way.
Published 22 months ago by Vasquez

3.0 out of 5 stars Mira Grant - Blackout
Published 22 months ago by molko

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Mira Grant - Blackout, 24 Jun 2012
molko (Surrey) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This is the 3rd and final installment of Mira Grant's Newsflesh trilogy. After the cliffhanger from the last book Deadline: The Newsflesh Trilogy: Book 2 we're back with the Mason's and their team of reporters from After The End Times. Shaun Mason is still hearing the voice of his dead sister in his head and trying to keep control of the rest of his team; Becks, Alaric, Maggie and Mahir, whilst staying with a self professed mad scientist. Meanwhile Georgia has woken up and is being detained in a CDC laboratory. We hear the story for the first time through both siblings point of view as they come to the end of their journey. Expect the usual amount of shady business involving various government officials and organizations. But unfortunately not too much zombie action.

If you've been following the series i'd recommend this one as it does tie it all up nicely. If you haven't been following the series though, I doubt you'd find much fun here. I'll give this one 3 stars as it's sadly just not as enjoyable as its predecessors, unfortunately all of the characters have become; at worst unlike-able and at best just plain boring. Mira, It's been good fun while it lasted, but 3 is most certainly enough for this series.

5.0 out of 5 stars Grand Finale, 7 Jun 2012
The story picks up with GEORGE waking up as a clone and it rattles along nicely from there. This is a book were you have to have read the series in order, or you will not get the full benefit of this trilogy .
I am not going to give away any of the story in my review, its too good for that, suffice to say my daughter and I were fighting over this to get first read, and currently she has not came out of her room for two days now, she is that engrossed.
HIGHLY HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great fun, 4 Nov 2013
Loved the first few so thought I may as well continue with the set! Not terribly well written but fun story line and an easy read, I did not want to put it down at times. If you like zombies with a good twist on survival, give it a go!

5.0 out of 5 stars 3rd in Trilogy, 30 Oct 2013
I bought this as I had read both the previous books in this series.

It would stand alone as a good read if you haven't read the other books too.

Nicely written.

5.0 out of 5 stars loved it, 16 Sep 2013
Brilliant finish to the trilogy, am sorry to see this trilogy end really! Is a brilliant read to.anyone In to conspiracy theories and zombies :)

3.0 out of 5 stars okay, 6 Sep 2013
i was expecting a grand finale from what had been set up from the previous books, but this just felt like the author was playing it safe to leave the door open for any possible future sequels. still competently written and still many entertaining scenes throughout but just didn't feel like the ending the series deserved. also one star knocked off for my digust at finding out the true nature of the relationship of a brother and sister whom i previously believed to be civilised characters, and i could not see why the author had to do this to them

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 5 Sep 2013
This book brought everything together, I have cried, laughed and stayed up late into the night reading this trilogy, please read you will not regret it :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 24 April 2013
Without giving away anything about the story, this is an amazing series of books and a great finish. I just wish that there were more stories to tell, but I suppose there is a certain finality to the end.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great., 4 April 2013
Loved this. Great end to the trilogy, and look forward to the prequel. Was a bit technical in places, but didn't detract fro
the book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing conclusion, 16 Feb 2013
I loved Feed and Deadline, the first two books of the Newsflesh Trilogy. The concluding novel did not let me down.

I laughed out loud, cried buckets, had scary nightmares and adored every page. I remembered how much I loved the characters and the world Grant created - scarily believable, hauntingly accurate. If there were to be a scientifically caused zombie apocalypse I wouldn't be in the least bit surprised if things went a similar way to in these novels.

I can't say much else. It's the big finale.

Things go boom. Things get dead... and then get back up again.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›
ARRAY(0xa68daf90)

Blackout (Newsflesh Trilogy)
Blackout (Newsflesh Trilogy) by Mira Grant (Mass Market Paperback - Jun 2012)
Used & New from: 5.00