5.0 out of 5 stars A Fantasy to Capture You
And so, in part three of the Dagger and the Coin series, the story continues. The tyrant, Geder Palliako has started a war, chasing those who plotted against him and Crown Prince Aster. But every victory only brings reasons to push the conflict further and as Palliako's power spreads so does the influence of the Cult of the Spider Goddess.

Clara Kalliam finds...
Published 13 months ago by Marleen

1.0 out of 5 stars very slow
I persevered with this book thinking that eventually something of interest would happen, if only I had read the last chapter first!
Published 11 months ago by Paul OBrien

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW, WHAT A GAME-CHANGER, 14 Aug 2013
Oh, how desperately I want to tell you about the last chapter! But I can't without spoiling everything.

I read and enjoyed the first two books in this series, The Dragon's Path and The King's Blood, and I knew that this third book wasn't going to be the last in the series. This third outing is just as engrossing as the first two and is even a tad better as the pace has quickened up a little with a bit more action. An unlikely heroine emerges and one of my favourite characters (Yardem Hane) manages to be redeemed. The other characters are developing nicely.

But then I reached the very last chapter and everything changed. This chapter introduces a major new character and it's as though everything that has gone before was merely a foundation for this plot movement. It might sound crassly melodramatic, but it feels as though this last chapter is written in neon multi-colour compared to the monochrome of what has preceded it. The result is utter devastation upon realising that Daniel Abraham hasn't published the next book yet; I want it NOW !!!

You're probably like me and have encountered dragons in stories before. They're all the same aren't they? Well not this time!

I have, until now, set this author just slightly behind my favourite, George R Martin, but watch out George 'cos it's 'game on' now. If Mr Abraham's next in this series delivers the promise of this last chapter, there will be a new King on the fantasy throne.

5.0 out of 5 stars (Spoiler alert), 13 Aug 2013
F. A. Parkin "Lizzie" (Essex, UK) - See all my reviews
I was on holiday when I read this book and I am sure the whole campsite heard my cry of dismay when I came to the end of the book. I absolutely hate thinking that I have bought all three books in a trilogy only to find out that there is a) at least one more and b) it hasn't been published yet. Arghh.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 10 May 2013
I. Wright "Bookworm" (UK) - See all my reviews
An exciting addition to the Dagger and Coin series. Gripping and fast-moving with believable, sympathetic characterisation. Ends with a cliff-hanger.

1.0 out of 5 stars very slow, 4 Aug 2013

The Tyrant's Law (Dagger and the Coin)
The Tyrant's Law (Dagger and the Coin) by Daniel Abraham (Paperback - 14 May 2013)
Used & New from: 8.16