5.0 out of 5 stars A Very Funny Read
This is a very funny book of celebrity anecdotes and for those of us of certain age brings back memories of certain `celebrities`. In fact, some of the names go back even further than I do.

Published on 13 Nov 2006 by J. Chippindale

3.0 out of 5 stars Funny little book
Published 16 months ago by ReviewBlog51

5.0 out of 5 stars A Very Funny Read, 13 Nov 2006
J. Chippindale (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Celebrities My Arse! (Hardcover)

Ricky Tomlinson is the ideal man to compile this book. Certainly for me while reading the book I had this picture in my mind of Ricky with his heavy Liverpool accent telling these stories down at the local and having everyone in stitches.

As Ricky says `celebrities' would have us believe that they are different animals from us the mere public, but of course it is not true and they can and do makes fools of themselves just like the rest of us. Unfortunately for them some of their bloomers make good newspaper copy and are a press photographers delight.

The book is full of celebrity blunders, plus their silliest quotes. It's a great book to sit down and read on boxing day when all the relatives have gone home and the kids are engrossed with their new toys. Peace and quiet, well we can dream can't we!!

5.0 out of 5 stars LAUGHTER MY ARSE, 11 Dec 2006
This review is from: Celebrities My Arse! (Hardcover)
I bought this book as a stiocking filler for my nephew ... and read it through myself in a couple of sittings! To quote that great old Irish comedian Frank Carson," it's a cracker!" There are some hilarious old chestnuts mixed in with some wonderful new stories that will embarrass the life out of so-called stars who think they are something special just because they have fox trotted on our screens or made fools of themselves in the jungle. Ricky (in best Jim Royle mood) shows them no mercy. It is even better than Football My Arse, which was my favourite book last Christmas. Can't wait for your next My Arse book, Ricky. I recommend this book to anybody who likes to laugh out loud when they're reading.

3.0 out of 5 stars Funny little book, 7 May 2013
ReviewBlog51 (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Celebrities My Arse! (Hardcover)
'Celebrities My Arse!' is a collection of humourous celebrity anecdotes, trivia lists, amusing quotes and star blunders. There are many stories here from celebrities from all areas of showbusiness (from Hollywood mega stars to flash in the pan reality stars), all told in Ricky Tomlinson's unique and instantly recognisable style, it even has an introduction from Jim Royal himself.

This isn't a book which I could read from cover to cover, it's one to dip into every so often and have a good laugh at some celebrity gossip, which is plentiful in this little behind-the-scenes book.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not worth even the small amount I paid for it, 4 Feb 2009
P. Davies (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Celebrities My Arse! (Hardcover)
Load of rubbish - promised to tell anecdotes of famous people he had met - there must have been about 2. Not even funny

5.0 out of 5 stars Lorra Laffs, 17 Aug 2014
heretic666 (High Dudgeon, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Celebrities My Arse! (Paperback)
The anecdotes that none of us would be familiar with would have made a slim volume but that is applicable to the older reader. Some younger readers might find it all fresh, but then again massive stars would be unknown to them.
There are a lot of laughs in the book provided you like Tomlinson and can picture or hear him recounting them

2.0 out of 5 stars For Tomlinson Completists, 17 Sep 2009
Mr. E. Farry - See all my reviews
This review is from: Celebrities My Arse! (Paperback)
This is very much minor Tomlinson, for a good intro to the 'My Arse' tetraology, this user recommends 'Reading My Arse!'

Celebrities My Arse!
Celebrities My Arse! by Ricky Tomlinson (Hardcover - 31 Aug 2006)