5.0 out of 5 stars Keeping Up Appearances
I must admit that I am a fan of the Agatha Raisin books, but so far I haven't read an Hamish Macbeth novel and I only heard about these being re-issued by I think it was chelle, on one of the discussion boards. So thank you young lady.

I thought I would try one to see what it was like, and as this is the first in the series it seemed a good place to start. I...
Published on 25 Aug 2010 by M. Dowden

3.0 out of 5 stars 3 Stars Max.
I truly don't understand how this book has such high ratings. The characters are barely likable, in fact, they complain incessantly like teenagers throughout the whole series. The main character Lady Rose Summer is such a snob it's almost unbearable. Her flightiness and her easy declarations of how much she 'hates' Captain Cathcart one minute and loves him the next gets...
Published on 10 Feb 2012 by Gillian

‹ Previous | 1 2 38 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining and fun, 28 Aug 2010
I really liked the story. And it was interesting to read about how people used to live in Edwardian times - poor dears. LOL
Unfortunately, the second book is not quite as good.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 2 July 2014
Good

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT FUN!!, 8 Jun 2014
D. E. Auchinvole (Oxfordshire, England) - See all my reviews
I always enjoy this author's books - having read all the Agatha Raisin & Hamish Macbeth series - and this one is no exception. Easy to read, hard to put down and great fun!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Up to Marion Chesneys usual high standards., 13 May 2014
If you like her other, more famous offerings, (Agatha Raisin and Hamish Mcbeth), you'll enjoy the Lady Rose, Harry Cathcart stories. Semi lighthearted murder mystery. . There are only four books in this series so just read and enjoy.

4.0 out of 5 stars Snobbery with violence, 10 May 2014
I enjoyed this book quite a lot. The period has been quite well researched. Beaton books are rather like Agatha Christi in that plot is paramount.

5.0 out of 5 stars a good read, 15 April 2014
got straight into the story. A light hearted tale. well told. I am hoping this will become a series of books

3.0 out of 5 stars Women's Rights, 26 Mar 2014
Historically correct, but the heroines behaviour is a bit hard to be believable in parts. Despite this I did enjoy the story, and found it to be written in easy to read language.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 25 Mar 2014
I really enjoyed this book. An easy read that I couldn't put down.
I am sure Rose & Harry have a great future together.

4.0 out of 5 stars An enjoyable read with some interesting twists and turns, 20 Mar 2014
I thoroughly enjoy M C Beaton's books. The outcome is fairly predictable from an early stage in the book but how it is achieved gives insight into life in those days and there are lots of unexpected twists and turns along the way. A good book to relax with.

5.0 out of 5 stars good read, 16 Mar 2014
M.C.Beaton can't go wrong in my book I have read a good few and have not read a bad one yet, very light hearted read

‹ Previous | 1 2 38 | Next ›

Snobbery with Violence: An Edwardian Murder Mystery (St. Martin's Minotaur Mysteries)
Used & New from: 0.01