5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant
Published on 17 Jun. 2009 by Lindsey Jane

2.0 out of 5 stars Dull
I just couldn't finish this book. I gave it a good hundred pages to impress with but other than the zing of sexual tension between the main characters, I was bored.
Published on 16 Jun. 2011 by Dagobahbabe

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 17 Jun. 2009
Lindsey Jane "booklover" (cumbria United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Blue Moon (Paperback)
I love supernatural/fantasy novels and I happened upon this by chance in the local supermarket! So glad I did! I read lots of books but every now and again you come across one which is really special. I loved this novel; full of old myths and the modern which the author has blended beautifully. The whole premise of the novel revolves around werewolves but the setting and the characters of the story make it so true to life! The main character Jessie is fiesty, sharp but vulnerable especially where Will Cadotte is concerned. In fact by the time I finished reading this book, I wished I had a Will Cadotte too! Really enjoyed the story, fast paced and the writing flowed beautifully. Excellent; am so sad that it has come to an end!

4.0 out of 5 stars It was pretty okay., 3 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Blue Moon (Paperback)
Well, the theme - werewolves - is kind of new to me so this was actually the first book of this genre I've read.
And it was the first book of this author as well.
Lori Handeland emerged in my life in a short-story feat in 'Dates of Hell' anthology. It was pretty great and I grew curious about her writting endeavors.
So meantime I realized she had this NIghtcreature saga going on and I decided to give it a go.
The book was pretty okay, The writting style is fluid and nice, the plot keeps you interested - to a point. Honestly I think I got distracted not because of the quality - which is very good indeed, and I'm not going to make comparisons or this review won't have an end! - but because the werewolf thing does not appeal to me.
I personally think the story was nicely made up, the whole nazi experimentation was very interesting - I like stories where there is some references to real-events-based-on plots.
I think it's a nice book, it keeps you entertained but to really love it, one has to like the werewolf thing.
All in all, I think I'll be giving the second book a chance, considering what I've read about it and well, I'm going to explore more of Lori, definitely other genres.

5.0 out of 5 stars BLUE MOON - FANTASTIC READING!!, 31 Dec. 2004
Ap Nj Dorrall "nicky0512" (plymouth,devon) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Blue Moon (Mass Market Paperback)
UTTERLY COMPELLING, TONGUE-IN-CHEEK NOVEL. THIS IS SUCH A GREAT BOOK TO READ. FULL OF FUN, LAUGHTER, SUSPENSE AND WEREWOLVES.
JESSIE MCQUADE IS AS NO-NONSENSE COP. IF SHE CAN SEE IT AND FEEL IT, THEN SHE BELIEVES IT, WHAT SHE DOESN'T BELIEVE IN IS WEREWOLVES - THAT IS UNTIL SHE SEES ONE FIRST HAND.
THERE ARE PLENTY OF INTERESTING CHARACTORS IN THIS TALE OF WEREWOLVE HUNTING IN THE HILLS OF WISCONSIN. PEOPLE ARE BEING ATTACKED BY WOLVES, SOME ARE DYING , SOME ARE DISAPPEARING AND SOME ARE BECOMING SOMETHING ALTOGETHER MORE FRIGTHENEING.
JESSIE NEEDS HELP TO RID THE TOWN OF THESE WEREWOLVES, BUT WHO SHOULD SHE BELIEVE IN, "WILL" THE NATIVE AMERICAN PROFESSOR, WHO ALSO IS HER LOVER, CLYDE HER BOSS OR THE STRANGE WEREWOLVE HUNTER?
IT'S A BITCH, BEING THE ONLY ONE YOU CAN BELIEVE IN !
THIS IS A BRILLIANT BOOK TO READ, ONE OF RECOMMENDATIONS FROM AMAZON, I AM SO GLAD I GAVE THIS BOOK A CHANCE.
HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

4.0 out of 5 stars New take old myths, 18 Sept. 2007
Gareth Wilson - Falcata Times Blog "Falcata T... - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Blue Moon (Paperback)
With Supernatural novels becoming such a hit these days it really is taking a lot for a different presentation on the old themes to come to the fore. Lori does a damn fine job with her interpretation of the old Werewolf genre and will present the reader with a similar leading lady to Laurell K Hamilton (although not quite so many sex scenes.) Aimed at the female teen market this tale will give you something to not only entertain but also to keep you glued right to the end it has elements of a Jackie Collins mixed in with a fiercely independent woman. With the second book in the series out in the next month or so in the UK this is perhaps something to keep an eye on as the genre will only grow considering the amount of tales that are currently sprouting.

2.0 out of 5 stars Dull, 16 Jun. 2011
This review is from: Blue Moon (Paperback)
I couldn't identify with the characters at all especially the main character Jessie. Her constant inner thought drivel, drove me mad. It was almost after every piece of dialogue she said. It was like she needed to clarify the point with a witty inner thought, which more often than not, wasn't witty, more tiresome.
The story actually seemed quite interesting with a new twist on a werewolf tale and mythology but I just couldn't get past the stuttering dialogue and irritating characters.
Shame really because somebody gave me this whole series to read, I doubt I'll pick up the rest though.

4.0 out of 5 stars Well written, keeps you guessing, 18 Jun. 2012
This review is from: Blue Moon (Mass Market Paperback)
I Really enjoyed Lori Handeland's Blue Moon, the story was a very well written and a good length, it keeps you guess right to the end which was grate, I love a book which is challenging to figure out the ending .. the only problem I had was more of a personal choice I like books that air supernatural being and a human light and I didn't like the werewolves being shown to be power hungry/ ruled by the moon/ insane. I am still thinking of reading Marked by the Moon, in the hopes that werewolves will get a better deal in it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, 8 April 2014
This review is from: Blue Moon (Kindle Edition)
It is a story of strange but mystical things with a little bit of brightness too. I have read all of Lori's books and they get better and better

5.0 out of 5 stars Blue moon, 7 July 2013
This review is from: Blue Moon (Kindle Edition)
Couldn't stop reading. It was amazing from start to finish. Cannot wait to read the next one. Lori Handeland is an excellent author.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun read, 10 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Blue Moon (Kindle Edition)
This book is a good holiday read, keeps you interested during the whole book. I would definitely buy another book of this autor.

4.0 out of 5 stars Claws & fur .. and you just know its going to be a ride!:), 21 Nov. 2004
This review is from: Blue Moon (Mass Market Paperback)
Jessie is a cop whose world is about to be twisted into something she would never have believed, if she hadn't seen it for herself. Her world became a feeding ground for a 60+ year secret and a very sensual un-nerving male. If you like the paranormal, you'll like this. The author has created characters you care about and really, really want to know what's going to happen next in their lives. I have already ordered the next in the series.

Blue Moon
Blue Moon by Lori Handeland (Mass Market Paperback - 29 Oct. 2004)
Used & New from: £0.01