4.0 out of 5 stars Stephanie Plum it is not - but then we've been spoilt...
Published on 8 Dec 2002 by Amazon Customer

1.0 out of 5 stars Janet Evanovich - Full House
What a shame.
As a Janet Evanovich/Stephanie Plum fan, this book was a real disappointment. I love her style usually and the laugh-out-loud factor that's always guaranteed when immersed in the adventures of Stephanie Plum et al.
Published on 2 Oct 2002

1.0 out of 5 stars Janet Evanovich - Full House, 2 Oct 2002
By A Customer
What a shame.
Full House is a modern day Mills & Boon book; soppy heroines, dark eyed heros, cliches and predictability. I'm only giving it one star for the occassional flashes of the true Janet Evanovich that come through in this disappointing book (and they are few and far between) - I just hope that the schmaltzy, been-there-before story lines of Full House are due to Janet Evanovich's co-author and it's not a sign of things to come.

4.0 out of 5 stars Stephanie Plum it is not - but then we've been spoilt..., 8 Dec 2002
Amazon Customer (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Full House (Paperback)
Full House is a non Stephanie Plum novel and is a collaboration between Janet Evanovich, who wrote the original Full House in 1989 and Charlotte Hughes. Evanovich wrote several romance stories under the name of Steffie Hall at the beginning of her career, and this is one of her early stories updated and expanded for a new audience. Lets face it, this book was written years before the Plum novels and it does show (despite the rewrite), but its not bad and you can imagine that some of zany characters and scenes from her earlier works might have metamorphosed into the basis for the Plum books. This is a love story of boy meets girl (rather man meets divorcee mother of 2) etc... etc... with a dash of mystery thrown in to liven things up packaged in Evanovich's screwball comedy trademark with dysfunctional families (including a cousin with aptitude for creating explosions and fixing fridges to make ice non-stop), a strange pest control man and a wrestler. Its a great book for a long train journey or a rainy day. Its light and funny 'chick lit' from a great writer and a temporary fix for those eagerly awaiting the next Plum novel.

1.0 out of 5 stars let the past stay buried!, 11 Dec 2002
This review is from: Full House (Paperback)
I love Evanovich's books about Stephanie Plum but this reprint of one of her earlier books lacks the sparkle and bite of her later work. I found it impossible to drum up any interest in the lives of the protagonists and feel that this falls into the category of light romantic fiction more usually published by Mills and Boon. Writers inevitably change over the years and Janet Evanovich has clearly done so by raising her standard; let the earlier books stay buried! I gave one star because there is no category for no stars!

3.0 out of 5 stars Pre-Plum - Light and Fluffy Confection, 19 Aug 2008
This review is from: Full House (Paperback)
I wasn't quite sure what to expect when I picked this book up - I quite enjoy the Stephanie Plum books and so I was prepared to immerse myself in frothy, predictable fun. Nobody reads these because they are high literary "art." They're like a meringue dessert - light on the tongue and pleasant, with no real effort at digestion.

The Full Series was written with a co-author and prior to the Plum series, and you can see that Evanovich hasn't quite found her voice yet, though there are flashes of wit that hint at things to come. In one sequence, which made me giggle out loud, the lead character comments that she has pepper spray that she's keen to use before its expiration date.

I have to admit that I did not see who the suspect was going to be until the finale of the book, which is unusual in these sorts of stories. I was pleasantly surprised that Evanovich had managed to fool me for almost 300 pages.

All in all a pleasant diversion, though not in a league with her best work. The paperback copy that I read was supplemented with a short story featuring Stephanie Plum, and that was an added treat.

3.0 out of 5 stars disappointing effort from Evanovich, 27 Sep 2003
EmmyLou (Scottish Borders, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Full House (Hardcover)
As a fan of the Stephanie Plum novels by Evanovich, I expected this novel would be of a similar standard. However, I was bitterly disappointed as the laughs were fewer and further between and the underlying romance sub-plot was too obvious. Being used to her laugh-a-minute Plum stories I was amazed at how formulaic this book seemed. Being by two authors, it was clearly evident which author wrote each section and the book certainly didn't flow as well as the Plum novels. Having read both this book and Full Tilt, I now realise that Evanovich is churning out the same kind of predictable novel repeatedly with only a few minor alterations. I feel somewhat cheated as I now see the formula reflected through all Evanovich's work, including my beloved Plum novels.
However, on the whole, this book is enjoyable, funny in parts and has the usual Evanovich dramatic plot climax. If you're looking for something that's easy reading and not too challenging, this is for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprising read, 18 Jun 2013
Jude Smith - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Full House (Kindle Edition)
After all the other reviews here I expected this book to be rubbish. It's not!. I have not read any of the Plum books so I am not biased, comparing it to others by the author. This is a warm book and I enjoyed all the characters (and there's quite a few). Story is about playboy meeting divorced housewife with 2 kids and then her becoming entangled with his disfunctional family and his scheming ex-fiance. There's everything here, normal people, disfuctional teens, crazy wrestlers, romance, crime, action and suspense. I'm not giving ending away but full of suspense. Took me a long way into the book to guess the 'baddies'. Good and a nice long read, unlike a lot of books nowadays

4.0 out of 5 stars Book for chilling out, 21 Mar 2013
This review is from: Full House (Kindle Edition)
This would be a great book for the beach. A few twists, romance and giggles. I got into Evanovich late on in the Plum series and went back to earlier books when Stephanie Plum had a pager (remember those!) I enjoyed this book as a leisurely, non taxing read and you can see how the author has developed over the years.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 24 Feb 2013
This review is from: Full House (Kindle Edition)
This book is as usual great from Janet. This book is fantastic!!!
A must read for everyone !! A great series

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what you expect from Evanovich!, 23 Aug 2010
A. Elliott (Birmingham, U.K.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Full House (Paperback)
This book is what you expect Janet (and Co) to give you - fast moving story line, love, lady with an attitude, gorgous man and uaually a dog thrown in for good measure! can't wait for more in the series.

1.0 out of 5 stars terrible book, 27 Nov 2007
This review is from: Full House (Paperback)
This book is bland and boring. The 'jokes' are terrible and the characters are such just cliches - a tall dark and handsome rich man who rescues a sex starved housewife. Don't waste your time reading this, I persevered to the end hoping it would get better and it didn't!

Full House
Full House by Charlotte Hughes (Mass Market Paperback - 30 Sep 2002)
Used & New from: £0.01