This is the much anticipated tale of Jordan Malone and Tehya Talamosi, daughter of Elite Ops enemy Sorrell. It starts several years after the other books in the series have ended, as we get told that the team has completed its agreed years of service and Elite Ops 1, as it is known, is disbanding, and Tehya is packing up to start life as a civilian called Teylor...
Published on 3 Mar 2011 by ROROBLU'S MUM

1.0 out of 5 stars Will they, won't they.............
I'm a big fan of Lora's Elite Ops so this was an auto-buy, but it was very disappointing.

I tried really hard to like it but I realised I didn't actually care whether they got together or not. Jordan's torment was unbelievable and annoying and I didn't warm to Tey at all.

The writing was not Lora's usual standard and the editing was even worse. I...
Published on 11 May 2011 by reabook

5.0 out of 5 stars The last Elite Ops book starts with a bang and ends with HEAs all round, 3 Mar 2011
ROROBLU'S MUM "ROROBLU'S MUM" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Live Wire (Elite Ops) (Mass Market Paperback)

Jordan is overseeing the emptying of the compound and is goaded by Tehya into making his move on her, and yes, chapter 1 has barely started when there's a hot and heavy love scene, but at the end, it's not all roses and by morning when Jordan goes back to look for Tehya cos 'we have to talk', she's gone, leaving all her things behind, but having left in his prized Viper.

Somehow she manages to elude him for 9 months until intel finds her living a low-key life as a landscape gardener, and at the same time, rumours begin to abound that rumours of Tehya Talamosi's death 6 years ago were unfounded, and that her late father's men/baddies are after her. From then on, Jordan is back in her life with a vengeance, keeping her safe.

Keeping her safe is what the whole tale is about, and Jordan denying his feelings for Tehya as he has nothing to offer her. Yes at the end, of course, they get their HEA.

What I liked so much about this book is that it was non-stop action from the minute that Jordan realised that Tehya was in danger - there was no filler, it was pretty much all action. In every sense, and yes, in the midst of danger and intrigue, the leads got it on at every chance, and boy, were there many of those. Hotter and steamier that in the previous novels. At the end, we get to see a reunion with each and every lead from the previous books in the series, complete with families and HEA. There are also enough hints dropped about Rory, Nathan/Noah's little brother becoming an operative that no doubt he will be part of one of the other Elite teams, and have his own book one day. Also mentioned is the connection with the Wounded Warriors series (Cooper's Fall), so perhaps the guys will still crop up from time to time.

Overall, a really good book and a fitting end to a great series, but watch out for the usual typos and characters being called by other characters' names, which made for some confusion, as it sounded as if Tehya was sleeping with one of the baddies! Roll on LL's next Breeds novel, out next month!

1.0 out of 5 stars Will they, won't they............., 11 May 2011
This review is from: Live Wire (Elite Ops) (Mass Market Paperback)

The writing was not Lora's usual standard and the editing was even worse. I definitely wouldn't recommend this book, but if you must read it borrow a copy - it's not a keeper.

4.0 out of 5 stars I liked it but did'nt LOVE it,, 2 May 2011
C. E. Batt "Mrs 'B'" (Halstead Essex) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Live Wire (Elite Ops) (Mass Market Paperback)
This book was better than the last and I believed in the plot as Jordon & Teya have been in all the elite series simmering away before thier story was told.
I didn't like the constant referral to the previous couples and thier relationships, it appeared forced as though LL had to make sure we all knew that they had these amazing reltionships.
It was typical LL and didnt dissapoint in the love scenes and action.
Good but not great.

3.0 out of 5 stars Lora, Lora, Lora - argh., 13 Mar 2011
This review is from: Live Wire (Elite Ops) (Mass Market Paperback)
I won't bother with the plot as the other reviewer has done a good job describing it. What I will say is that Lora Leigh needs to get back to basics and write like she did a few years ago. I was eagerly awaiting Jordan and Tehya's story but firstly, LL has knocked about 10 years off Jordan's age and in this book he is 38. In previous books, he was definitely described as older and is Nathan's Uncle but now appears the same age as Nathan! There is another part in the book where Jordan discovers that Tehya is hairless down below and she explains that her father wanted her bred that way. I started to wonder if I was reading one of the Breed books.
From the first sex scene, Jordan fails to use or mention contraception and throughout their many sex sessions, he still does not use contraception but they don't mention it or the possibility of pregnancy.
As for the sex scenes, although they are rather raunchy, I didn't feel the need for all the crude language, especially used by Tehya.
Jordan struggles with realising he loves Tehya.I wasn't even impressed with the storyline...I actually started skimming a lot of the action and the sex scenes.
In this series, the best books were Wildcard and Maverick.
I have read reviews of Lora's recent work on Amazon.com as well and most readers are in agreement of her recent work going downhill dramatically.
I hope she takes note of all the bad reviews and gets back to her best.

5.0 out of 5 stars Out With A Bang, 26 Jan 2014
What a finish to the series. Lora Leigh is a Master at writing books and weaving stories that are so well written, they are so, so hard to put down....and this book was no exception. Well deserved of five stars. Lora I salute you !

5.0 out of 5 stars Lora Leigh does it again!, 20 Sep 2013
As usual Lora Leigh delivers the goods! Strong characters, excellent story line all the way through and a happy ending!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book, 5 Jun 2013
This review is from: Live Wire (Elite Ops) (Mass Market Paperback)
I have read this full series in 4 weeks, and loved all of them. I know it's only a book but I'm sad this series has come to an end. Although I have started on my by Lora Leigh.

5.0 out of 5 stars BOOKS, 26 Feb 2013
This review is from: Live Wire (Elite Ops) (Mass Market Paperback)
I LOVE THIS SERIES BUT CANNOT GET THUS IN E-READER SO HAVE TO BUY IN PAPER BACK ,THE BOOK IS A GREAT READ

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow, 17 Jan 2013
This review is from: Live Wire (Elite Ops) (Mass Market Paperback)
This book is amazing! It explain everything about the main character as specially as he features in all the elite ops series! Lora Leigh is an amazing author, One of my favourites!

2.0 out of 5 stars OK - disappointing from Lora Leigh, though, 15 May 2011
This review is from: Live Wire (Elite Ops) (Mass Market Paperback)
Live Wire is an average book that failed to contain the emotional intensity and connection that have been the highlights of Lora's previous books.
The book's inconsistencies with previous books in this series is annoying, especially as Jordan Malone is now younger and suddenly much richer. I also disliked his lack of connection with Tehya, who goes from no education to special ops to landscape gardener with no seeming additional training necessary.
The reader is supposed to believe that both leads are so insipid, fearful and emotionally closed that it takes 10 years for them to finally get together. And when they finally do, there is none of the pent up emotion, but stifled emotion and a physical release. Disappointing, frustrating and boring at times, what saves this book from one star is that there is some action in the background story and we get to revisit other better drawn characters from previous novels.
I found this book followed many of Lora's previous outlines of long held-back feelings until a situation pulls both reluctant leads into an explosive affair. However, the simmering tension, yearning and emotional connection were not written in a way that drew me in and held my attention. Lora got it wrong this time and needs to go back to the beautiful way she wrote Tempting the Beast, Mercury's War, Dangerous Games, etc. Her Elite Ops series is just not as strong as her Breeds series generally, IMO.

Live Wire (Elite Ops)
Live Wire (Elite Ops) by Lora Leigh (Mass Market Paperback - 4 Jan 2011)
6.78