5.0 out of 5 stars Forbidden Magic's erotica is dark and seductive
Forbidden Magic was a surprisingly good read. Although I dont really like witchcraft novels, this one kept me glued. Fans of Kenyon or Cole would like Forbidden Magic.
Published on 18 Aug 2009 by Elle L

3.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly dull
I just didn't like this book. It feels like a real slog to get through - I have about 100 pages to go, and it's mostly stubbornness keeping me going - I don't care about any of the characters, the impending invasion of San Francisco or how the story is going to end...it's just not gripping me.

I think the main problem is that it sort of jumps straight into the...
Published on 9 Oct 2009 by L. Murphy

3.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly dull, 9 Oct 2009
L. Murphy (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Forbidden Magic (The Magic Novels) (Mass Market Paperback)

I think the main problem is that it sort of jumps straight into the action - which is good, but then never goes back and gives you any background. I checked 3 times to ensure I'd got the first in the series, and only actually believed it when I saw the blurb on the back mentioned it was a first book.

This is definitely not a debut novel, however, and the writing is confident and accomplished...I just think, considering the book is 440 pages long, a couple of pages could have been devoted to world-building.

The sex is very good and well-written. If the author had either cut the story down a bit (the plot is strangely slow-paced) or added more detail, it would have been much, much better, but as it is, I'm not going to bother with the other books in the series.

It's not a bad book, and it's probably my sound-bite generation-ness showing through, but for a book this long, I need to care about the characters, and I've just not got this from the author.

2.0 out of 5 stars Boring, 27 Jan 2011
This review is from: Forbidden Magic (The Magic Novels) (Mass Market Paperback)
I think the title for the review sums it up. This book was incredibly dull. Everything was so over described at one point I thought I was reading a cookery book. The characters had no depth to them and I felt more for the bad guy than the heroine. The story didn't excite me either. I skipped the last hundred pages and I don't think I missed out.

5.0 out of 5 stars Forbidden Magic's erotica is dark and seductive, 18 Aug 2009
Elle L "of the Dark Woods" (Belly of the Beast (Athens)) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Forbidden Magic (The Magic Novels) (Mass Market Paperback)
McCray's narrative is simple, not unnecessarily decorative, but to the point. Silver and Hawk, her 2 main characters, grow into you slowly but surely. They have conflicing facets, weaknesses and strengths and suprises. The way McCray goes into Silver's relationship with her parents, for example, is a real gem, so real and funny.
Set in San Francisco, her action scenes are fast and furious and her erotic scenes make you blush. I read lots of paranormal romance, but McCray's erotica is dark, seductive and hard-core- bordering to S&M. They trully stand out compared to the majority of para-romance sex scenes. Not for the faint hearted romance readers!

5.0 out of 5 stars forbidden magic, 10 Mar 2013
This review is from: Forbidden Magic (The Magic Novels) (Mass Market Paperback)
very good quality item. Item as described.value for money and an excellent read would recommend any of these books x

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun read, 5 Dec 2011
This review is from: Forbidden Magic (The Magic Novels) (Mass Market Paperback)
Never quite sure what type of 'action' the next page was going to hold - so a good page turner! Story line quite predictable but a fun read regardless

ARRAY(0xa2b71c30)

Forbidden Magic (The Magic Novels)
Forbidden Magic (The Magic Novels) by Cheyenne McCray (Mass Market Paperback - 27 Jan 2006)
6.48