5.0 out of 5 stars The Rockford Files: Devil on My Doorstep, 3 July 2010
This review is from: The Rockford Files: Devil on My Doorstep (Hardcover)
I loved the t.v series about Jame ROCKFORD P.I. and so on finding that there were books available decided to try one. They don't seem to be easy to find so Amazon was ideal to get a copy.

If you enjoyed the t.v. series the book will not let you down, if you've never seen the show the book still won't let you down!!

Knowing the character portrayed ON T.V. by James GARNER as soon as you read the book it was just like you were involved in watching another episode. This book (and the other book, 'The Green Bottle') read just as though they were scripts for unreleased shows. The author, Stuart M KAMINSKY, had you sucked in, these were my first books I'd read by him, and he just had you turning page after page. The books both felt like they ended too soon, I could have read another 400 pages!

The only down side for me with regard to the Rockford Files books is that there are that I'm aware of, only the two of them.... THERE SHOULD BE MORE!

I really enjoyed 'Devil on My Doorstep' and I would recommend it to anyone.

10/10

HUNTER

5.0 out of 5 stars Could have been written by Stephen Cannell or Juanita Bartlett!, 25 May 2011
A. W. Thewlis "Mr Anyanka" (London, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Rockford Files: Devil on My Doorstep (Hardcover)
In fact, I only realised Kaminsky was a real author when I googled him, suspecting that I'd discover he was a pseudonym for Cannell and/or Bartlett. As other people have noted, this book and the previous Rockford book, The Green Bottle, are absolutely spot-on. Kaminsky has grasped every nuance of the Rockford Files perfectly. The plots are authentically convoluted, Jim suitably put-upon by Angel, his clients, Diehl, the villains (in this book David Chase-esque hoods), and every word that comes out of Jim's, Denis's, Diehl and Angel's mouth could come from lost Rockford episodes. The books kind of follow on from the later CBS movies. So, if you have a Rockford sized hole in your life whilst endlessly waiting for Vol 2 of the CBS movies to be released on DVD, these 2 books will give you a satisfying Rockford fix. The Green Bottle even has an excellent, trademark Rockford Firebird chase!

The Rockford Files: Devil on My Doorstep
The Rockford Files: Devil on My Doorstep by Stuart M. Kaminsky (Hardcover - 31 Dec 1998)
Used & New from: 0.84