5.0 out of 5 stars BRILLIANT JONATHAN TROPPER
This is Jonathan Tropper's debut book and is as good as all the others that followed. He tells the story of a group of friends who met at university and are now ten years later experiencing the ups and downs that life has to offer . As with all his novels he manages to inject humour as well as very touching moments. Wonderful, highly recommend.
Published on 2 July 2011 by Amanda

3.0 out of 5 stars It's OK
Published on 29 Jun 2008 by Jo Public

3.0 out of 5 stars It's OK, 29 Jun 2008
This review is from: Plan B (Paperback)
I have read Tropper's "Bush Falls", "How to Talk to a Widower" and "Everything Changes" and thoroughly enjoyed them so I thought I'd give this a try. Like the other books it has a healthy dose of humour and the story moves along quite quickly. It is about a group of five friends (who met a University) as they reach their 30th birthdays, each of them trying to face their own personal demons.

I felt that the plot was a little weak and at times contrived. The characters were rather clichéd and therefore predictable and overall I would say the story was a bit corny. All the loose ends are very neatly tied up by the end of the book which seemed to me just too trite. However because of the style of writing and the amusing way the plot unfolds I never wanted to put it down and I did enjoy this book. I felt it was the weakest of the Tropper books I have read.

When I finished each of the other Tropper novels I felt sorry that the book had finished, however, with this one I don't really think I would have missed out had I not read it. I would suggest reading one of the other Tropper books I mentioned but perhaps give this one a miss unless you want a light read with predictable story.

5.0 out of 5 stars BRILLIANT JONATHAN TROPPER, 2 July 2011
Amanda "sac" (uk) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)

4.0 out of 5 stars Turning 30 isn't all it's cracked up to be, 8 Mar 2013
F Keegan (N.Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Plan B (Paperback)
Slow to start I was concerned I wasn't going to like this but after about 70 pages it really picked up.
University friends Ben,Lindsey, Chuck, Alison and Jack graduate and as the years go by everything changes, now approaching 30 they take stock of their lives. Ben graduated as a writer but his job at Esquire only let's him compile lists, he used to be in love with Lindsay and has just got divorced. Lindsay is currently unemployed, Chuck is a surgeon who while great at his job has a penchant for one night stands, Alison is a lawyer and has been in love with Jack for as long as she can remember and Jack?...Well he is now a famous movie star with a huge cocaine problem.
The story is told by Ben and is about how the friends decide to help Jack kick his habit, but Jack is quite happy thank you very much so the storyline now covers the friends issues in life and a kidnapping!
Once the book got going for me I really enjoyed it, there were funny moments as well as sad ones, lots of references to the 80's so being that certain age really helps you understand what is going on. Well worth picking up if you haven't already!

4.0 out of 5 stars Plan B, 31 July 2008
This review is from: Plan B (Paperback)
Almost a 5 star book, just losing out because it doesn't quite have the level of humour of Jonathan Tropper's other books. Loved the plot and the setting, and most of the characters (I did not like Alison!) Well worth a read.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of His Best, 2 April 2009
N. Folkard "Natashabookworm" (Kent, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Plan B (Paperback)
Having read all of the Jonathan Tropper books, i found this thoroughly enjoyable and witty, and really enjoyed it. I would highly recommend that if you enjoy one of his books, you'll love them all!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 29 Oct 2014
Perfect Tropper.

4.0 out of 5 stars My favourite author, 2 Jun 2009
E. Scott "surrey" (Southern England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Plan B (Paperback)
This is another fantastic read from Jonathan Tropper. Not quite as enjoyable as Everything Changes but still well worth purchasing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply Amazing, 19 Nov 2000
By A Customer
This review is from: Plan B (Hardcover)
This is a brilliant book. The plot is extremly good and you really begin to feel the characters by the end of the novel. If you have every read "Secret History" by Donna Tart and loved that then i really do sugest you read this. Go on.. :)

Plan B
Plan B by Jonathan Tropper (Paperback - 11 May 2010)