5.0 out of 5 stars Very entertaining
When Kylie Galen is forced by her mom to spend the summer at Shadow Camp, a camp for troubled teens, she thinks that she's in hell. But she has no idea that this summer and the new people she meets at the camp will change her whole life.
Kylie thinks that she's a normal, mostly boring teen. So she is shocked when people at Shadow Falls insist that she is special and...
Published on 10 July 2011 by Amazon Customer

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed
Disappointing - very little happened and then a rushed action scene at the end - formulaic but not that well done
Published 14 months ago by mrs s l morrison

4.0 out of 5 stars Only just not 5 star, 19 Feb 2013
This review is from: Born at Midnight (A Shadow Falls Novel) (Paperback)
its good, I just don't think it hit its full potential. But I liked it enough to by the next 3, I'm half way through the second so we'll see what happens. So far very good

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant YA Series!!, 25 Jan 2013
s pascoe (wiltshire, england.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Born at Midnight (A Shadow Falls Novel) (Paperback)
so, to start with, I liked Kylie a lot. she has a great likeability. that always helps in a first person narrative! lol

going into this book, within chapter 1 you find out that Kylie's mum and dad are getting a divorce, her boyfriend broke up with her because she wouldn't put out and she has a stalker, dressed as a soldier, that no-one else can see.

I did think, oh please don't be a boohoo, sucks to be me story! and it isn't! promise!

*SPOILERS* *SPOILERS* *SPOILERS*!!

not really sure if anything I'm about to say is classed as a spoiler, but didn't want to ruin it for anyone so thought id better cover my back! lol

the start is a really good set up to know all about Kylie, and how she's always held back, not saying what she really wants to say, or to stick up for herself. buy by the end she's really found her place.

I did like the resolution Kylie gets with her Mum, have to admit that i completely didn't see that one coming, and might have, possibly, shed a tear or two when i realised the truth! lol

the big Lucas Verse Derek debate! lol

is Derek manipulating her feelings? is something going on there? either he is (with all his "fairy" power!), or its a meeting of similar souls, so to speak. The whole "Disney effect" is NOT normal, well, their kind of normal! lol

and Lucas. have to admit, got all types of wrong images in my head when he talked about having sex with the she-wolf and said he "gave in to baser urges"! lol

DO NOT like that we didn't find out what she is by the end of the book. And I have no idea what she is! I have to admit, I am getting a little confused as to what she could be. All the gifts and which species that makes them from are blending into each other! Lol

some brilliant laugh out loud moments in this book. So very happy to read book 2, and will look forward to book 3 after.

Not sure why the "ending without revealing any secrets" doesn't bother as much with this book as it did with, say Lauren Kate's books. Maybe I like Kylie more, therefore willing to follow her through the journey? Because it does seem as though she is going to have to go on a journey to discover he true powers and species.
All in all I think a great start to a great new series.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just amazing read!, 2 Jan 2013
This review is from: Born at Midnight (A Shadow Falls Novel) (Paperback)
OMG! This book is fantastic, great read and full of surprises. The main characters are brilliant, I Particularly love Derek! This is a great instalment in the series and I couldn't put it down. So glad I ordered all three I could In one go, so I could pick the next one up straight after!! Big tip! Buy ALL four when you order this series, this fifth is out in may!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant., 11 Dec 2012
g (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Born at Midnight (A Shadow Falls Novel) (Paperback)
I'd avoided these books for a longtime, despite amazon telling me that I REALLY wanted to read them. Eventually I gave in, and I wish I'd listened earlier! I generally intensely dislike anything with fairies in (or worse: faeries), as they are always portrayed as vicious, spiteful beings- unlike thier fantasy colleagues there is little change in the way they are written. It was the main issue with the book, prior to reading it. I'm glad I eventually ignored the fairy bit I. The blurb as its really not about them at all.

I love the world at shadow falls and the relationship between the camp mates, I also was left guessing as to who the bad guys were, and who was good. I'm now on book 3 and still wonder about some of them!

A definate recommendation, even for someone like me that is far too old for YA books

5.0 out of 5 stars Pull you in and you will have to go back to it!, 18 Nov 2012
This review is from: Born at Midnight (A Shadow Falls Novel) (Paperback)
I couldn't remember where I came across from this book...but besides from that....this book is addictive! And from this afternoon I finished the book. Overall this book took me 4 days to finish! And after reading the extract to the next one... 'Awake @ Dawn'... I will be buying the next one and maybe the 3rd one too at this rate. There is friendship, love, emotions, and humour which is the flow of the book. The book DID'NT drag where in some books it did to get the main point/points in the book to the next part. Highly recommmended to people who are thinking to read an paranormal book and deciding which one to buy...I wished I discovered this book sooner because the book was that gripping and whenever I had to put it down and sleep that was the first thing to read when I woke up in the morning. However I have 3 other books in the sequel to read/BUY!! Can't wait to go back into the Shadow Falls Camp and start up again!

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't put it down, 2 Nov 2012
This review is from: Born at Midnight (A Shadow Falls Novel) (Paperback)
I'm currently reading this book and I cannot put it down , it's beautifully written and I can't wait to read the other books in this series.

4.0 out of 5 stars Is It Just Me Or ..., 22 Jun 2012
This review is from: Born at Midnight (A Shadow Falls Novel) (Paperback)
Born at Midnight - the first book of the shadow falls series - felt like an endless introduction & just when you think some action is going to happen the book starts being very anti-climactic.

Truth be told I didn't feel bored reading the book at any point but the book to me was lacking, the core behind the book or the mythology of it was not complex enough to grab my attention and have me creating theories about the characters.The story is one that teenagers can relate to, there are many humorous lines and an almost successful beginning to a love triangle. Sadly the mystery of it is not very strong I found myself figuring out the story a little too soon.

It's a good book well written, great setting, the characters were at times a little too similar but it didn't affect the story ... but despite all that it feels like the book didn't fulfill it's true potential.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best book ever!!!!, 6 Jun 2012
This review is from: Born at Midnight (A Shadow Falls Novel) (Paperback)
16 year old Kiley Galen's life couldn't get worst. Her boyfriend dumped her, her grandmother died, she's been seeing this weird looking ghost who keeps on stalking her, and her parents are getting divorced.

Wanting to forget about those things she goes to a party with her best friend - Sara. But after the party goes completely wrong and the police arrives, her mum decides to ship her of to Shadow Falls Camp ( A camp for 'troubled' teens).

When Kiley arrives at Shadow Falls, she is really freaked out. She thinks that she doesn't belong to these bunch of freaks. Then she finds out that Shadow Falls isn't really a camp for troubled teens. It's a camp for supernaturals. As if Kiley's life couldn't get worst, enter Derek and Lucas. 2 hot boys that yearn for Kiley's heart.

I'v read Born At Midnight a while ago and i still can't stop thinking about it!

I LOVED all the characters. The camp leader ( Holiday) is so cool, she is so different from other camp leaders. Miranda ( Kiley's new best friend) is a witch. And she has a boy problem of her own. I really like her. Then we got Della ( Kiley's new best friend number 2) she's a really mean but hilarious vampire. She's also a good friend. I loved how Kiley cared about other people and tried to help then with their problems. I also loved the way she tried to help the ghost that was stalking her. Every Character is really interesting and described really well.

Reading this book is like being on a roller coaster and holding on for the entire glorious ride. I couldn't put the book down.

5.0 out of 5 stars <3 this book, 29 May 2012
This review is from: Born at Midnight (A Shadow Falls Novel) (Paperback)
i couldnt put this book down....was supprised by how good it was as soon as i finished it i orderd the next two books witch were just as fab. one of the best books i have read in ages. its a must read!!!cant wait for the next book x

4.0 out of 5 stars Kindle Edition??, 26 April 2012
Miss E. Dixon - See all my reviews
This review is from: Born at Midnight (A Shadow Falls Novel) (Paperback)
I would really, really like to read this book. I have a kindle and I would love to check this book out and I would like to eventually read this book. It would be great if the publisher will put this whole series to Kindle Edition, that would be great thanks!

Born at Midnight (A Shadow Falls Novel)
Born at Midnight (A Shadow Falls Novel) by C. C. Hunter (Paperback - 1 May 2011)
6.17