on 16 December 2012
I've read so many SEAL memoirs at this point I feel a bit as if I could teach BUD/S myself. Don't get me wrong, they're generally amazing stories, from men who have (obviously) achieved truly amazing and noble things with their lives. Anyway, my point being that there have been a lot of them lately - but I think this one stands out. Like so many SOF guys, Webb is an amazingly sensitive and literate observer of the world around him. Interestingly, I found the early chapters (on his early life) really gripping, and it made me remember (as a storyteller) that the great thing is to make the reader interested even in *the story before the story*. Since we care so much about this character, we care a lot more about what happens to him later.

It's also hard not to take some life philosophy away from elite SOF guys. In the case of Webb, this was encapsulated in a line he first used at sniper school, when a target comes up (intentionally on the part of the instructors) only halfway: "Tough. Deal with it. Adapt and overcome." This has become my mantra subsequently, and if one were to try and put the secret to life in seven words, that may well be it. I've realized that luck and fate will always play a critical role in human events, and human success. But with this as your guiding star, you might fail this time, but you actually can be assured that you will always win in the end.
on 22 January 2014
I was reluctant on getting this book but I am surely releived that I did. It was better than I expected and then some more...

Brandon has a great story to tell, one he forged through blood, sweat and tears. I would like to personally thank Brandon for having the courage to tell his story, and both him and his co. author for writing this book...

It is a great read, and I hope that it chalenges the boys of today, to be the great men of the future...the battlefeilds of tommorow demand it!
on 24 November 2013
Brilliant book, couldn't put it down. Gripping from start to finish.
Very well written giving you a clear in-site into SEAL life.
on 18 March 2014
A very well written book that I found hard to put down. It isn't about death, but about life and how to live it to the fullest.
on 16 June 2012
A very detailed account of the training to become a Seal Sniper. Well written and quite funny in places. It shows how much more support the American servicemen got compared to the British Military.
on 9 March 2015
A great read. Real insight into life as Navy SEAL. Before and after 9/11 and Afghanistan. Good to get some info on the man who has trained so many heroes such as Chris Kyle and Marcus Luttrell.
on 21 September 2013
A truly good read, being an ex-sniper, I can relate to much of the training Brandon went through, only, mine was done a lot in the UK. If your into 'Snipers' this is well worth a read.
on 1 September 2014
Insightful and inspirational. Whatever problems you think you've got going on, it's completely insignificant compared to what these men put themselves through. It's as simple as that.
on 4 March 2015
This is my 4th book based on the seals and like the other three this one doesn't disappoint.

Recommend it totally you'll enjoy it.
on 12 March 2015
an interesting book about a Canadian who moves to the US as a child and grows an American big head, the guy clearly loves himself.