5.0 out of 5 stars "YOU ARE THE ONE AND ONLY EVER YOU"
How reassuring, empowering, and life enhancing for a child to be told that he or she is so very special that "You are the one and only ever you." This is precisely what Nancy Tillman does in her beautifully illustrated picture book for the very young. Each page and full page color painting reenforces the idea of how unique and wonderful each person is.

Ms...
Published on 7 Nov 2007 by Gail Cooke

3.0 out of 5 stars A Sentimental book
I like this book. My 2 year old hasn't taken to it as well as other books though. I think the message is still a bit to complex for him. More one for the parents than the child. Something to read to a newborn maybe, they're not trying to grasp any meaning from the book just happy to hear you read to them. I think they're lovely words though.
Published 11 months ago by LThomas

5.0 out of 5 stars "YOU ARE THE ONE AND ONLY EVER YOU", 7 Nov 2007
Gail Cooke (TX, USA) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)

Ms. Tillman opens her narrative with "On the night you were born, the moon smiled with such wonder that the stars peeked in to see you and the night wind whispered, `Life will never be the same,' Because there had never been anyone like you...ever in the world."

As we reach the closing of this heartening story we are reminded that the world has never known "a you" and it never will again.

On the Night You Were Born is a celebration of our uniqueness as well as a validation of our worth. A wonderful reminder for all!

- Gail Cooke

5.0 out of 5 stars A gorgeous sweet book for any little one, 30 Nov 2010
A lovely book, all about the night baby was born and how special they are and how the whole world celebrates when they are born.

I was given this book as a gift but since then have bought it for several friends too, it's a very sweet tale that engages little ones through rhyming words and pretty pictures.

A definite must for any special child you know!

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful for self esteem, 25 Jun 2011
M. L. Owen - See all my reviews
I found and bought this book for my 3 year old a few months after her little sister was born. With all the fuss that comes with a newborn I felt she was feeling a bit left out and so gave her this book and it has done wonders for her self esteem. It's a special story that we say was written about her, it's a pleasure to read and the words are so true in a parents eyes. She loves this story and I love to read it to her at bedtime. It's a lovely way to end the day and definately re-inforces to children just how special, unique and loved by everyone they are. This is a firm favourite of my daughters.

5.0 out of 5 stars A very special book., 4 Sep 2009
I originally bought this book while in Toronto visiting my daughter and my grandson who was 4 at the time. He and I read the book together quite a few times at that time and he was entranced to be told how special he was and how the world welcomed his arrival. I keep the book in Toronto and when we visit there he asks me to read it with him again and again and we discuss the celebration of his birth, how there is only one person like him in the world and how much he is loved.

I have two other younger grandsons here in England and have recently bought a copy of this beautiful book for each of them. As they become old enough to appreciate the story, the sentiments and the illustrations I hope to be able to read this with them too and will keep their copies myself to share with them as I have the oldest grandson.

I would recommend 'On the Night You Were Born' to anyone who wants to share these sort of sentiments with a very special child.

5.0 out of 5 stars Touching story for children, 19 Nov 2011
This review is from: On the Night You Were Born (Board book)
I purchased this book for my daughter after reading another review on here. I am so glad I purchased it. My daughter is only 2 and a half and absolutely loves it. I tell her it was written all about her. This book could be read to any child from any situation/back round, it definitely makes her feel special.

5.0 out of 5 stars lovely, 20 May 2014
This review is from: On the Night You Were Born (Board book)
fabulously illustrated,lovely words,moving,touching. If we all felt as loved and as wanted like this,then the World would be a better place.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful book, 13 Oct 2011
This review is from: On the Night You Were Born (Board book)
Bought this book for my new born son and it felt as if the author had been reading my mind when she penned this. A stunning gift for a child and a lovely story to read aloud to your little one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 20 May 2014
This review is from: On the Night You Were Born (Board book)
I buy this book for every new born baby I know and it never fails to make every new mummy and usually daddy she'd a tear!
Buy this book if you never buy another for tour baby!

5.0 out of 5 stars Blub fest 2014, 11 May 2014
EllieB (Bournemouth, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: On the Night You Were Born (Board book)
A beautifully written and illustrated book that is the perfect gift for any new parents. This moving prose truly captures the emotion of parenthood (to the point that I physically can't get past the first page without crying).

5.0 out of 5 stars a really wonderful book, 14 July 2012
This review is from: On the Night You Were Born (Board book)
this book is such a lovely read, i used it as a reading at my God daughters christening & it went down really well i then gave her this as a gift so that it could be read to her.

On the Night You Were Born
On the Night You Were Born by Nancy Tillman (Board book - 1 Aug 2013)