Format: Mass Market Paperback|Change

on 23 February 2013
Sadly, I found this final book in the "Ugly Duckling" trilogy to be as disappointing as the first (How to Dance with a Duke) and felt that the author failed to do herself justice.

The heroine is far too careless of her reputation and insists on getting herself into too many situations that are completely implausible, and while the hero is quite attractive, he never really came to life for me. He and Maddie (the heroine) have known each other for years, and as the "friends-become-lovers" trope is a favourite of mine, I had high hopes. Unfortunately however, the reader is given no sense of the way their relationship is transforming; one moment, they're talking togther as friends and the next, they're all over each other, and there's a sad lack of romantic tension between them.

I really wanted to enjoy this book, as I think that Manda Collins is a good writer - but the characters never felt more than one-dimensional and the romance was flat.
on 3 March 2013
A refreshing lively read. Sexy and romantic. A highly enjoyable read.
Have now read all Manda Collins books, and waiting for the next!

Elaine