5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Brilliant Book
My son who is 19 months old loves book so I am always looking for something new for him.

Published on 19 Aug 2011 by bookfairy

3.0 out of 5 stars Great idea, but cut corners
If I'd bought this boys version first I'd have given it 5 stars. We got the Treasure Hunt for Girls last year and the kids (a boy and a girl, 3 and 2) just love it. So I bought this version so they wouldn't fight over the book, but was disappointed to find some of the scenes are exactly the same as in the girls book. I really would expect them to all be different. It's...
Published 27 days ago by Alkamist

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Brilliant Book, 19 Aug 2011

The moment he opened this book he absolutely loved it. The animations on each page are brilliant and even though my son is only 19 months old and the age recommendation for this book is 2years plus it still really engages him. Each page is filled with a different images.

There is a space page, a bedroom page, a seaside page, a jungle page, and lots more, they are all brilliant.

On each page, on the boarder there are tasks to find different objects on that page which encourages both concentration and also helps with numbers. The instructions will be along the lines of: Find 1 car, Find 2 robots, Find 3 sports balls... and so on, up to the number 9.

I have had books by Priddy Books before, like my first words etc.. but this is the first older book we've bought. It is brilliant. I can not recommend it highly enough. Well done on another great book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Probably the best boys book I've ever seen!, 2 Jan 2011
My son is 20 months old and he loves this book. There's so much to look at on each page and he really concentrates looking for the objects. He doesn't rush to turn the page either as he becomes engrossed in the brightly coloured pages. A great book all round.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for older boys who are struggling with their reading too, 2 Dec 2011
This review is from: Treasure Hunt for Boys: Over 500 Hidden Pictures to Search For, Sort and Count (Priddy Books Big Ideas for Little People) (Board book)
Excellent resource to help older boys (age 5 to 7) engage with books. There is a lot of fun to be had looking at...and more importantly discussing all the characters and counting the treasure. This a great book for encouraging children's linguistic skills - which is ofcourse a precurser to them reading. This book looks like 'fun' rather than a 'reading chore' and so helps to break down children's pre-conceived barriers with reading.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 24 Mar 2011
This book has been a firm fav in my house for a longtime. My son is nearly 5 and still sits for ages looking for the items. It really engages him and and my daughter who is 2 loves looking at it as well. Would def recommend this book to any parent. It brings a lot of joy to children :-)

5.0 out of 5 stars Hours of fun!, 4 Feb 2012
Want to keep a little person entertained and educated and have fun. Then search no more and purcase this book. My little grandson takes this book with him whenever he travels in the car and keeps him entertained for the journey. Lots to seek and find and educational at the same time!

5.0 out of 5 stars Hunt for tigers, aliens, and magic wands!, 23 Oct 2011
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 100 REVIEWER)
Although this is called "Treasure Hunt For Boys" my 5 year old daughter absolutely loves it. The book consists of several double page scenes, such as a jungle scene, space theme, and my favourite - a dinosaur theme! Each set of pages has a border of items to search for, these are text based lists rather than images and start at one item working up to ten (1 blue tractor, 2 hay bales ...9 black birds, 10 yellow flowers, for example).

Some items are easy to find, but some are slightly more challenging - none are too difficult though as the images are very large and it shouldn't frustrate your child like a 'Where's Wally' book may do. The great thing is that you can discuss some of the objects, for instance my daughter didn't know what a satellite was - now she can identify them and she knows what they are. You don't have to just find the items listed either, I like to suggest some of the other things in the picture to find too and ask her to count them.

In a nutshell: Very bright and clear pictures provide lots of stimulation for your child. It's recommended from ages 2+ and can be enjoyed by children on different levels depending on their abilities; my 2 year old son likes finding some of the things to `hunt', but much of it is a bit tricky for him right now and instead he prefers look at the pictures and exploring the different colours, whereas my 5 year old girl loves finding the objects and counting other things not on the list. A fun hardback book with tough pages which will provide lots of educational fun and withstand the bashes of young readers!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab book - even husbands will enjoy it!, 29 Oct 2011
caz (The North) - See all my reviews
I bought this for my son's birthday and before it was wrapped my husband insisted on finding everything! My little boy is still too young to find things in the pictures but they are so bright and colourful that he enjoys the book anyway! I love the fact that every page is themed e.g dinosaurs, pirates, wizard's room and they also have a different number of things to find e.g find 1 boat, find 2 parrots... Some of the pages are quite challenging meaning that this book will last a long time maintaining interest.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous, but be aware text is American English, 20 Aug 2012
Purchased because of the good reviews and it really is as super as everyone says. It's a great size with fabulous, brightly coloured pictures with lots to look at, find and talk about. Am sure it will keep a youngster entertained for many hours. Slightly disappointed, however, as the text is in American English. Ths is not a major issue, more of a slight annoyance - the word 'colour' which appears 3 or 4 times is spelt 'color'. A fab book, nontheless, and would still recommend for younger boys.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book for toddlers, boys or girls., 17 Aug 2011
A firm favourite with our 3 year old for the past year, never gets bored of finding the objects and great for encouraging counting and colours. His girlfriends love this too so especially if girls aren't into pink or princesses!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Book!, 15 April 2011
I bought this book for my 2.5 year old and it is fantastic. The pictures are so bold and contain a huge amount of detail. We sit together and look for certain things on the page. He's a bit young to look for what the book asks for yet, so at the moment I just make up things for him to find based on what I can see. It really is a stunning book - I would definitely recommend it.

ARRAY(0xb0b90a50)