on 2 December 2011
Excellent resource to help older boys (age 5 to 7) engage with books. There is a lot of fun to be had looking at...and more importantly discussing all the characters and counting the treasure. This a great book for encouraging children's linguistic skills - which is ofcourse a precurser to them reading. This book looks like 'fun' rather than a 'reading chore' and so helps to break down children's pre-conceived barriers with reading.
on 24 March 2011
This book has been a firm fav in my house for a longtime. My son is nearly 5 and still sits for ages looking for the items. It really engages him and and my daughter who is 2 loves looking at it as well. Would def recommend this book to any parent. It brings a lot of joy to children :-)
on 4 February 2012
Want to keep a little person entertained and educated and have fun. Then search no more and purcase this book. My little grandson takes this book with him whenever he travels in the car and keeps him entertained for the journey. Lots to seek and find and educational at the same time!
on 20 August 2012
Purchased because of the good reviews and it really is as super as everyone says. It's a great size with fabulous, brightly coloured pictures with lots to look at, find and talk about. Am sure it will keep a youngster entertained for many hours. Slightly disappointed, however, as the text is in American English. Ths is not a major issue, more of a slight annoyance - the word 'colour' which appears 3 or 4 times is spelt 'color'. A fab book, nontheless, and would still recommend for younger boys.
on 23 March 2014
If I'd bought this boys version first I'd have given it 5 stars. We got the Treasure Hunt for Girls last year and the kids (a boy and a girl, 3 and 2) just love it. So I bought this version so they wouldn't fight over the book, but was disappointed to find some of the scenes are exactly the same as in the girls book. I really would expect them to all be different. It's not unreasonable to assume families might own both books. So the kids just skip past the pages they know from the other book, and we get less value for money (measured in peace and quiet).
But apart from that niggle it's a great book, and grows with the kids as you can have them spot colours, count recurring objects, find things that go 'Roarrr' etc. There's enough in there to keep a precocious 3 year old interested - learning about different dinosaurs, volcanos, lassoes, etc, while his 2 year old sister can just count all the little spiders.
on 17 August 2011
A firm favourite with our 3 year old for the past year, never gets bored of finding the objects and great for encouraging counting and colours. His girlfriends love this too so especially if girls aren't into pink or princesses!!
Although this is called "Treasure Hunt For Boys" my 5 year old daughter absolutely loves it. The book consists of several double page scenes, such as a jungle scene, space theme, and my favourite - a dinosaur theme! Each set of pages has a border of items to search for, these are text based lists rather than images and start at one item working up to ten (1 blue tractor, 2 hay bales ...9 black birds, 10 yellow flowers, for example).

Some items are easy to find, but some are slightly more challenging - none are too difficult though as the images are very large and it shouldn't frustrate your child like a 'Where's Wally' book may do. The great thing is that you can discuss some of the objects, for instance my daughter didn't know what a satellite was - now she can identify them and she knows what they are. You don't have to just find the items listed either, I like to suggest some of the other things in the picture to find too and ask her to count them.

In a nutshell: Very bright and clear pictures provide lots of stimulation for your child. It's recommended from ages 2+ and can be enjoyed by children on different levels depending on their abilities; my 2 year old son likes finding some of the things to `hunt', but much of it is a bit tricky for him right now and instead he prefers look at the pictures and exploring the different colours, whereas my 5 year old girl loves finding the objects and counting other things not on the list. A fun hardback book with tough pages which will provide lots of educational fun and withstand the bashes of young readers!
on 20 November 2012
My son loves books & I decided to get something different for him to encourage interactivity and his talking about what he sees on the pages of the book. I wouldn't say this is his favourite book - but not every book can be! What I will say is that it good for a change, it doesn't rely on you reading to your child but your child talking about what they see. Book is robust , colourful and themes cover pirate ships, dinosaurs, space, what toys you may find in a boys bedroom etc.
on 29 June 2013
Lovely book - the illustrations are attractive and interesting with a theme to each page and numbers of things on each page to find and count. Some are easy to find and some quite hard. I had forgotten I had bought this as my grandsons had taken it home with him and when I found it on their shelf I was very impressed with it. It wasn't too hard for the youngest (3) who cannot yet read, but it had plenty of interest for the 6 year old. A good starter to reading and writing.
on 16 January 2013
We've actually had this book for over a year now and is still a huge hit with my (now) 3 year old. It's always a firm favourite to take on longer car journeys as I can challenge him to find the things that I know are on certain pages. Lovely illustrations and lots of things to find. It really helped with his counting and his vocabulary.