5.0 out of 5 stars Cracking, darkly humourous, rollercoaster of a book, 30 Dec 2006
D. J. Wheatley (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Blonde (Hardcover)
"The Blonde" opens with a great line - "I poisoned your drink", a hook that pulls the reader into the rapid descent into mayhem of the protagonist's previously mundane life.

The author guides the reader seamlessly and smoothly through each transition, each tightening of the screw, each step on the road the mayhem. And what a journey - it's packed with mystery, drama, dark dark laughs and gore.

This is a great read, and if you pass this one by you'll regret it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Thoroughly enjoyable, 11 Jan 2011
rachelcreative (Midlands, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: The Blonde (Paperback)
Really really enjoyed this, quite cleverly written. I'm left with the feeling that this book is a bit like watching a good action movie except being a book you get even more immersed in it.

It's not deep. It *is* pretty violent and a bit gory in places with adult themes.

But I agree that hook with the opening like "I've poisoned your drink" is great and I've never read a book like this before. Kind of original, sassy and not predictable.

It held my interest and kept me guessing where the story was heading next.

It also includes a novella in the back The Redhead which is basically a "what happened next" continuation of the The Blonde. Pretty good. I could have lived without reading it and having it left to my imagination but overall really enjoyed the book. Something a bit different.

The Blonde
The Blonde by Duane Swierczynski (Paperback - 30 Oct 2007)
12.78