5.0 out of 5 stars Excelllent
I was surprised that this had low reviews. I thought it was an excellent book. It had an easy writing style, written in chicklit style. I often refer to it when writing, and would recommend it to any writer of chicklit.
Published on 1 Mar 2011 by Janie

2.0 out of 5 stars disapointing
Published on 13 Nov 2009 by Laura Lou

2.0 out of 5 stars disapointing, 13 Nov 2009
Many years ago I read a book by Mary Wibberly entitled to 'writers with love - on writing romantic novels'. I would suggest that to anyone truly interested in getting the low down on how to earn a living from their writing then this is the book that they should be reading. It isn't that Ms Yardley has written a bad book but I did not find it a particularly helpful book. There were many many references to authors and their styles so much so that at times it read more like a promotional item than a genuine help book. It was also geared towards the American market. It was entertaining and certainly readable - but helpful? - I didnt find it so. Ms Wibberley's advice was far more constructive and applicable to any form of writing - chick lit included - plus it provided practical advice on getting published once you had written your novel

5.0 out of 5 stars Excelllent, 1 Mar 2011

Will Write for Shoes: How to Write a Chick Lit Novel
Will Write for Shoes: How to Write a Chick Lit Novel by Cathy Yardley (Hardcover - 13 Nov 2006)
Used & New from: £0.43