1 Review

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun, Sassy, Sensitive and Full of Southern Charm!, 22 Aug 2006
Marilyn Shoemaker (Seattle, Washington) - See all my reviews
I'm so glad that Linda Francis Lee is back writing. She's a genius in telling the tale of The Devil and the Junior League. if you love "he's done me wrong", took my money, is having an affair, plus my high society reputation is at stake, then you've got to read this book. It's Dallas and Desperate Housewives and more....it's sassy, sensitive and at times sad.

The story takes place in a small Texas town where you're no one if you're not in the crème of high society and a member of the Jr. League. All Hell busts loose when the once beauty and homecoming queen, and high society Frede's finds that husband had an affair, runs off with all of her money and her reputation is at stake. She hires the loud, bawdy lawyer next door to find her husband and represent her. His fee is to get his "tacky" wife who wears animal print and spandex into the Jr. League.

Besides being a good read, there are lots of life's lessons to ponder. I highly recommend this book for women of all ages. I can actually picture this book being made into a movie and I can see Reese Witherspoon in the role of Frede.

The Devil in the Junior League
The Devil in the Junior League by Linda Francis Lee (Paperback - 30 July 2007)
8.76