4.0 out of 5 stars "LUNA" The little lost Orca, 30 Dec 2013
This review is from: The Lost Whale: The True Story of an Orca Named Luna (Hardcover)
I am interested in whales and dolphins, and recently read Ric O'Barry's book 2Behind the Dolphin's smile" which was excellent. Through that ,I recalled a story of a young Orca whale who had been left by his family somehow, and was making contact with humans in western Canada. I looked it up on the internet, and found the book about Luna the lost whale by Michael Parfit, who had befriended Luna along with his wife. I cannot recommend this book highly enough. One of the reviewers states that it is a story you will never forget, and I believe that. It is wonderfully written, and both the author and his wife had much contact with Luna, it is all written with first hand knowledge, and it is a true revelation about how this young animal desperate for company, made friends with humans. Anyone interested in marine life, their world of which we know little, and their relationship with humans, please treat yourself to this wonderful story.

5.0 out of 5 stars Luna..........wow!, 23 Aug 2013
Ms. V. S. Dodson (Guisborough, UK) - See all my reviews
This book is one of the most wonderful books I have ever read. The sadness I felt about a yound Orca being left by his Pod was so strong and the extraordinary efforts from people to make his life a little less solitary are mostly very heart warming.

I did get the sense that whenever humans get involved, the risk to this baby Orca increased. Its such a shame that an animal in his natural environment becomes an issue, when by using boats on Nootka Sound, we (the people) are the ones doing the trespassing on his home and yet he is still the problem.

I have ordered both video's 'Saving Luna' and 'The Whale' to watch now I have read the book. I would recommend this to any whale or animal lover, but maybe don't read the last few pages.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good read, 9 Jun 2014
I enjoyed this book as I have been passionate about whales (especially orcas for many years). A must for any whale or dolphin fan.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great True Story, 18 Sep 2013
I had seen a film about this Orca.But this book is even better.It details the story in more depth.abit of a tear jerker.

The Lost Whale: The True Story of an Orca Named Luna
The Lost Whale: The True Story of an Orca Named Luna by Michael Parfit (Hardcover - 25 Jun 2013)
15.15