Zen: the Path of Paradox
Format: PaperbackChange
Price:£8.99+Free shipping with Amazon Prime

on 27 May 2007
I'm ashamed to admit that my bookshelves are groaning with books about Zen, some good, some not so good. Yet this is that book I come back to for a 'refresher'. Osho always succeeds in attempting the impossible - trying to explain the inexplicable - in simple, beautiful, often poetic, often uncompromising but compassionate language, whether in the Insights For Living series, or here speaking about Zen (all Osho's books are transcribed from talks). I come away from reading Osho feeling as if I've just had a good mental hose down, getting rid of all the accumulated, caked on dross of living in an insane world.

"Don't seek, don't search, don't ask, don't knock, don't demand - relax. If you relax, it comes. If you relax, it is there. If you relax, you start vibrating with it" p 37.

Despite some bad press, Osho was a truly great teacher, and this is one of only a handful of indispensible books on Zen. If I had to choose just one, this would be it.

[Kudos too to St Martins Press. All the books by Osho (St Martins Griffin) are a joy to read - just the right size, stay open on the page and are beautifully produced.]
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on 26 November 2010
I used to view Zen as too sofisticated to follow, but Osho made it very clear. You will see the beauty of it, your own path will get a new dimension (my Christianity did). The way it's written is meditative, it MAKES you see.. It is not Zen for Kettles, mind you, not simplistic at all. Clear and beautiful, like Reality..
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on 23 January 2013
Very insightful, Osho's words in this book are profoundly simple and are a wonderful guide to a meaningless life!!! Fabulous!
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...