Format: Paperback|Change

on 23 April 2007
Excellent. Clear and easy to follow text and photos. Easy to read and/or use for reference.

Good sections on "Where did I go wrong". I started golf only 6mths ago, and find it an essential bit of kit. I continually refer to it, specially just before and after every practice session.
on 9 June 2009
Having just started golf, I have looked at many golf books & this by far is the best. Everything is in plain english & just so easy to follow. It's not thick & bulky unlike some books where you just feel "bogged down" with it's content. I use it as my little bible now! It's great having a golfing book for women - I would definately recommend it.
Buy it, you won't be disappointed!
on 4 July 2010
I bought this book over a year ago and like other people who have written a review, I use it as my Bible. Don't be put off by the photos being in black and white, the content of the writing is well worth taking note. I've had quite a few lessons (all with men!) but now when I have problems I refer to the book. Good Luck!
I am a golfer and I was interested to read this book after reading raving reviews on line. It is user friendly, does not waffle and does not focus on becoming the best golf player on the planet. The advice is practical good sense, there are useful tips that can be applied very easily. As one of the minority of women that play golf I really appreciate a woman's prespective that focuses on technique and having fun, rather than "keep up with the Joneses" approach (you will not read any bonkers like buying state of the art equipment even if you can barely hit the ball). I also enjoyed the section on Women and membership: yes, we are in 2011 and some golf clubs are still men-only. St Andrews Golf club anyone?
on 7 July 2013
My wife began playing golf a few months ago. She had never played before and was somewhat bewildered by the rules, scoring and ettiquette. I sent for this book and she has read it avidly saying the content is perfect for a beginner like her. Everything is explained well and she is a lot more confident on the course now. Her feedback is "thoroughly recommended for any beginner". Incidentally I have been playing for many years and decided to take a look at the book! It is not just for beginners and dare I say many experienced golfers (men and women) would get worthwhile tips from this book.
on 16 June 2011
Having just taken up golf, I purchased several books to supplement my lessons. This book proved the most valuable - reinforcing everything my golf coach covered. Easy to read and understand. I would recommend it.
on 4 November 2013
Just started lessons, knew nothing so a great book for a beginner although I've still got a lot of reading and learning to do still. Explains clearly with photos. I'd recommend to all beginners.
on 3 May 2014
Really pleased with this book. I'm having lessons, and find that this book is a super way to reinforce the teaching. Well written, accessible and full of top tips for the beginner.
on 4 March 2014
Bought for my wife who has just taken up golf. She thinks that it is very useful as a guide especially as it is written by a woman specifically for women.
on 2 October 2013
I brought this for my grandma, she loves it and all her friends love it as well. Let's just hope she can put hear reading into practice at the gold club.