5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant!
This is a very well written cook book with practical no-nonsense recipies that are fantastic! My boyfriend had never even had a birthday cake until his 21st when I made one from this book and the smile on his face said it all. Also the pancakes are really good.
Published on 8 Jan. 2003 by Miss E M Stormonth

3.0 out of 5 stars Good overall but helpful if you understand all US terms
I bought this book on the strength of all the favourable reviews as my toddler is allergic to egg and was desperate to be able to bake a cake for him.
Published on 12 Oct. 2009 by Loubeelou

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant!, 8 Jan. 2003
Miss E M Stormonth (Leeds, West Yrokshire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bakin' without Eggs: Delicious Egg-Free Dessert Recipes from the Heart and Kitchen of a Food-Allergic Family (Paperback)
I thoroughly recommend this to anyone who is a bit scared by comlicated recipies and sick of hard to get ingredients and patronising descriptions of how to cook. 10/10!

5.0 out of 5 stars Imagine this scenario!...., 20 Aug. 1999
By A Customer
You are a young child at a birthday party at school or a friend's house. You can't eat the srcumptious-looking birthday cake in front of you because you have certain allergies and are afraid of Anaphylatic shock. Other kids are teasing you and calling you 'different.'
My name is Stacey and I am 31 years old. I found out I had peanut/egg allergies last year and it is difficult to eat at restaraunts/parties because I have to ask what is in each product. I get strange looks as if I'm being 'picky' for no good reason. But I am an adult and know how to 'politely' protect myself. But...can you imagine what a child would feel like? It is very important to get the word out about allergies-especially for childrens' sake. This book is wonderful for allergy prone children/adults.
I have tried the 'apple sauce' variation of Rosemarie's "Loaded Choc.Chip" recipe to cut cholesterol, and it was STUPENDOUS. "Karen's Fav. Apple Cake" is mouth-watering! Keep up the good work, Rosemarie!

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVED THE RECIPES..KEEP GOING STRONG, 12 Aug. 1999
By A Customer
WELL I JUST BOUGHT THE BOOK LAST WEEKEND AND STARTED "BAKIN' WITHOUT EGGS"... I AM SO GLAD I DID, I HAVE HIGH CHOLESTEROL AND CUTTING OUT THE EGGS IN MY DIET WAS JUST WHAT I NEEDED. I LOVE THE RECIPES, IM SO GLAD SOMEONE FINALY WROTE A BOOK WITH GREAT RECIPES THAT I CAN ENJOY, YOU HAVE TO TRY THE BANANNA BREAD .... OUT OF THIS WORLD. I WOULD RECOMMEND THIS BOOK TO EVERYONE, WHETHER IT BE FOR ALLERGIES, OR SOME OTHER REASON YOU DEFINATLEY HAVE TO TRY THIS BOOK.... YOU WONT BE DISSAPOINTED....

4.0 out of 5 stars comments from Dublin, Ireland, 7 Feb. 2007
Cailin (Dublin, Ireland) - See all my reviews
I bought this book so I could bake for my 5 year old daughter who is allergic to eggs, nuts, strawberries to name a few! Thank you so much Rosemarie for taking the time to write this book - the look of joy on her face that she can eat a cake for a change (even if she doesn't like the taste of it) is priceless. One comment I would like to make is that there are a few "americanisms" I don't understand. Luckily I have an American friend who can translate ingredients such as Club Soda which is Sparkling Water and not White lemonade as I was about to add in the recipe. A few other recipes suggest adding instant chocolate pudding mix or similar things which we don't have this side of the pond and we don't know what they are so we can't substitute them. It may be something the author could change or suggest alternatives for, for her next edition. I would recommend this book despite those comments - it has brought much joy to my household!

3.0 out of 5 stars Good overall but helpful if you understand all US terms, 12 Oct. 2009
I found the book to have a lot of great variety however the only main criticism I have is just be careful if you are unfamiliar with American terms as it can be a little hard to decipher sometimes. I ended up guessing on a few and having to look up conversions on the web for measures etc.

Most of the cookies I made have turned out good although my oh commented a lot of them tasted the same?? Also being quite health conscious am not keen on using ingredients like lots of vegetable oil etc however overall found this book a great recipe book for anyone with an egg allergy. It's nice to be able to cook something cake like that my son can eat for a change!

4.0 out of 5 stars good book, 27 Mar. 2013
I bought this book as my grandmother doesnt eat eggs but is always keen for a bit of cake and i found that it was a good book. However, all the recipes are in cups and i can never quite figure out the cups to grams conversion. Also, this is an american book, which i wasnt aware of before my purchase. I probably should have done a little bit more research. But anyway, there are some things in the recipes that i have no idea what the british substitues would be. But other than that, I have treid some of the recipes and my grandmother has loved them

5.0 out of 5 stars I HAVE THIS BOOK IT IS GREAT!, 12 Aug. 1999
By A Customer
I AM NEW AT BAKING AND TRIED SEVERAL OF THE RECIPES IN BAKIN WITHOUT EGGS. NOT ONLY IS IT A GREAT TITLE BUT I HAVE MADE APPROXIMATELY 20 RECIPES IN THIS BOOK CAKES AND COOKIES MY FAVORITES WERE THE CHOCOLATE COOKIES, AND BANANA BREADS, SOUR CREAM CHOCOLATE CAKE, APPLE CAKES AND SEVERAL OTHERS BUT, TO MAKE A LONG STORY SHORT, I READ THE OTHER REVIEW OF SOME PERSON WHO WROTE SOMETHING NOT SO NICE ABOUT ONE RECIPE SHE MADE AND I MADE THE SAME RECIPE AND IT WORKED FINE FOR ME AND NOT ONLY THAT I HAVE REALLY ENJOYED BAKING OUT OF THIS BOOK; I NORMALLY DO NOT WRITE BOOK REVIEWS BUT THIS ONE IS WELL WORTH THE REVIEW. IT IS ALSO A GREAT FORWARD, THE MOTHER CAME UP WITH THESE RECIPES BECAUSE HER DAUGHTER COULD NOT HAVE ANY EGGS. I AM NOT ALLERGIC TO EGGS I JUST THOUGHT THAT SOUNDED VERY INTERESTING AND TO MY SURPRISE THE RECIPES ARE ALL GREAT THAT I TRIED SO FAR. I ALSO BOUGHT THE BOOK FOR SOMEONE ELSE THAT KEPT ASKING FOR THE RECIPES;. P.S. LIFE IS TOO SHORT NOT TO BAKE MORE THAN ONE RECIPE IN A BOOK BEFORE YOU CAN SAY ANYTHING AND I FELT THIS BOOK DESERVES A FAIR AND GREAT REVIEW AND WOULD LIKE TO COMMEND THE AUTHOR FOR WRITING IT, MY FAMILY AND I THINK IT IS CHOCOLATYLUSCIOUS.

2.0 out of 5 stars Dissapoitement, 17 Nov. 2011
Lucia Bakova (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I bought this book in hope I will bake something nice for my daughter's best friend as she is egg intolerant and can not eat cakes from bakery's or shops.To my surprise this recipes were not helpful. One recipe says "melted chocolate followed by cold water" - How on earth can you pore over melted chocolate cold water? It will become solid and not even the hot oven will melt this. Other didn't contain enough liquid to make some texture you can transfer to a tin.After all I ended up rewriting this book so it is full of notes what else can be there instead of water or Icing different form butter and sugar or margarine and sugar. This woman certainly has no imagination with making it taste delicious or at least edible. No proper pictures of cakes she made.I prefer to see what it looks like if I wanna bake something.Not happy with this purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous!, 10 Feb. 2011
I absolutely love this book. This book introduced me to eggles baking. I have made many of the recipes and they have all come out lovely.

With the internet on hand the Americanisms really shouldn't be an issue - there's always a UK equivalent of an ingredient and sets of measuring cups are cheap.

My family can't get enough of the good morning muffins, and the pancake mix is great too. Not to mention the amazing chocolate sour cream cake.

I would recommend having some other books in your armory - vegan baking books can fill in some of the gaps like decent cupcake batters - there are many things you can create egg-free it just takes some research.

5.0 out of 5 stars A useful book to refer to for those with an egg allergy, 2 April 2014
This book I bought for my granddaughter-in-law as my great grandson has a severe egg allergy. She is very pleased to have it & the Victoria sponge recipe is so good it is indistinguishable from one made with eggs & can be adapted for cup cakes. The recipes are easy to follow and the book deserves 5 stars.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›