5.0 out of 5 stars Medicine cards - a great tool for spirituality
Published on 25 Sep 2005 by Mrs. D. L. Powell

3.0 out of 5 stars Slightly disappointing....
Published 24 months ago by C. P. Gardener

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Medicine cards - a great tool for spirituality, 25 Sep 2005
This review is from: Medicine Cards (Hardcover)
I have been reading tarot cards for 10 years, and though I have faith in the messages/guidance they give, these cards have the edge in my opinion. They are well illustrated, without being too 'crowded' or too plain. The book is easy to read, whereby both beginners to divination, and advanced practitioners will be able to get something out of the descriptions attributed to each card. In addition, each story attributed to a particular animal warms the heart, and makes that particular card come alive, being easier to remember. With regards the spreads and subsequent reading, I am astounded at the depth and accuracy. These really do expose the real 'you' whilst still maintaining a gentleness. For anyone who is interested in learning about themselves, and their personal development I would have no hesitation in recommending these cards. There is also the added bonus of being able to create your own cards to include with this deck - something I found very advantageous. I now have two decks as I wanted to have one at home, and one accessable at work!

5.0 out of 5 stars Guidance from All of Our Relations, 3 Mar 2005
This review is from: Medicine Cards (Hardcover)
This is a delightful pack of cards - they are well finished and lovely to handle. The art work is beautiful and charming.
Each card depicts an animal on its Medicine Shield and the accompanying book throughly explores the stories and teachings that each creature brings to us.
I have found them to be very accurate, always managing to gently touch the truth of each situation. A wonderful tool for journalling and personal growth.
I recommend them highly.

5.0 out of 5 stars very precise & accurate, 29 Nov 2003
By A Customer
This review is from: Medicine Cards (Hardcover)
this is a based on very ancient & thorough study on animal totems & I recommend it highly as it is based on a traditional study on this subject & the information is from a reliable source. I'd refer to it for any problem I have as it shows you the root/truth on the problem.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best on animal totems..., 28 Oct 2004
White Eagle - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Medicine Cards (Hardcover)
This is one of the best guide I've read on animal totems. I have used it many times & have found the answers very helpful & accurate. The book itself is beautifully written & describes the animals in a true light.I definitely recommend it to anyone intersted in this healing method.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great way to explore your choices, 4 July 2004
By A Customer
This review is from: Medicine Cards (Hardcover)
I like to use divination cards of all sorts. This is a particularly good set. I like to use these cards to explore where I am and where I could go, rather than to consider a totally fatalistic universe.
The animals are a lovely way to relate to ways of interacting with or viewing the world. Some are more challenging than others! Lots of fun and with the possibility of really taking you beyond your current, probably unconscious, limits.

5.0 out of 5 stars Many levels, 20 Feb 2006
This review is from: Medicine Cards (Hardcover)
This book and it's cards took me by surprise. I have never been into the use of any type of cards and bought it from an interest and curiousity of the native american seeing of the animals. The book offers a wide range of use with a continous depth to the teachings and understanding to the beginner, the seeker and the experienced deepener. My use of it has expanded and deepend. I have become much more open to signs in the nature and to my own path as a human from listening to the medicine of the animals.
I recommend this with book with my deep appreciation.

4.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Insight, 30 July 2010
This review is from: Medicine Cards (Hardcover)
I own both tarot and oracle cards, their insights always fascinate me. Following my purchase of Power Animal Oracle cards which offer amazing insights to all queries, I purchased the Medcine Cards. They are easy to use and offer astounding insights to the "real" you. They talk to to you in a very nurturing way almost like a parent trying to get the best out of their child. I'm very impressed with them and highly recommend them. Medicine Cards

1.0 out of 5 stars Beware of only receiving book, 3 Oct 2012
This review is from: Medicine Cards (Hardcover)
I was very disappointed that having ordered this item and fully expecting to receive a divination 'system' I only received the book. What use without the cards?! Feel quite deceived.

This is not a one star review of the product itself, just a warning when buying this item.

3.0 out of 5 stars Slightly disappointing...., 10 Aug 2012
C. P. Gardener "case handler" (Wirral, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Medicine Cards (Hardcover)
The outer packaging promised great things; slick, colourful and inviting. Sadly, I found the contents to be somewhat of a letdown - having previously used a Wolf Song (Hartman & Spencer) set of cards, I found the flimsy, almost 'laminated paper' quality of these cards very disappointing. The larger size also makes them impossible to shuffle. I also felt a little cheated that the hardback book that's included - decent size though it is - didn't have a dustjacket to it. Overall, I felt that this was a slightly half-hearted attempt at a quality product. Back to my Wolf cards...

3.0 out of 5 stars Panacea?, 6 May 2012
Miss W. Merrymoon "Willow Merrymoon" (West Yorkshire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Medicine Cards (Hardcover)
This deck, as it's name suggests, is based on the Native American Indian concept of medicine, and "the medicine referred to .....is anything that improves one's connection to the Great Mystery and to all life". There are forty-four animal medicine cards, simply numbered from one to forty-four, and nine blank ones for the individual to fill in as appropriate. Each creature is set within a medicine shield, which in turn is set against a blue and green background, with a red border surrounding the whole. The number and name of each one is displayed at the top, just above the boldly drawn images. A few examples of the animals in these cards are 'Eagle', 'Bear', 'Dog', 'Crow', 'Weasel' and 'Bat'.

The book which accompanies the cards is very informative and a good introduction to the concept of animal medicine. There are chapters on the healing power of animals, the medicine wheel, the medicine shield, and very clear instructions for how to find one's nine totem animals. Several spreads are outlined, e.g. 'The Moon Lodge Spread', 'Father Sky/Mother Earth Spread', and 'The Pathway Spread'. The intention of this system of divination is for the individual to move forward on his/her journey towards wholeness in body, mind and spirit, in complete harmony with all of nature.

The one thing that lets this set down is the inferior quality of the card stock. However, don't let that put you off as it is a really interesting deck to work with.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Medicine Cards
Medicine Cards by David Carson (Hardcover - 12 Aug 1999)
16.99