on 28 March 1999
Eugene Cernan wrote a "MUST HAVE" book evary Apollo lover. ive bought this book because i love'd the apollo program (althru i was not alive back than) and this book made me enjoy more then any Movie (Apollo 13 , From the earth to the moon) and it was just grait , so dont wait!!! BUY IT. Daniel Krupnik Israel. dkrup@galcom.co.il
on 6 August 1999
The Last Man on the Moon is just a wonderful book about an unparalleled adventure. Yet as inspirational as it was I also found it sad. 30 years ago telephones had dials, records were made of vinyl, a color TV was considered high tech and men walked on the moon. What has happened to us? Have we lost our nerve?
Well, I enjoyed it. It's a human story and an honest one at that. I think recounts the tale beautifully. It's not the story of Apollo, or Gemini but the story one one man's journey. What an adventure it was!
Give it a go, after all, only twelve others could have written it!
on 18 August 1999
Gene Cernan did a superb job at telling his story. The book was easily understood and not written in technical NASA jargon. Cernan has been to the moon, and he took me with him. My autographed copy of Cernan's book is definately one of my most prized possesions.
on 11 March 1999
I couldn't put it down. As a novice on astronauts and space exploration, I felt like I was right there with Cernan on the launch pad. Felt like I was there walking on the moon! Fantastic insight into those early days of NASA. Great book.
on 12 January 2011
Engrossing, personal and deeply impressive look into Gemini-Apollo phase of the space program. It adds, in a indirect way, to the image of astronauts as incredibly tough, smart, cool-headed and driven.
on 9 April 1999
Perhaps the greatest book about the space race ever written. Gene Cernan has brought out the glory, pride, hardwork, and the tears of the Apollo days. His words made me feel that I too went to the MOON. Yes, Gene did good!
on 18 April 1999
I am not an astronaut-phile but I throughly enjoyed reading this book. An insiders account of the space race and the astronaut experience. The downside - having to overlook Cernan's enormous ego.
on 14 November 2013
A very good read. I recomend it to anyone who wants to know more about the space projects!
I love googling this but this is the first book I have read, written by someone who was there!
on 17 May 1999
This is a well written book and very candid view of Gene's experience in the Apollo Program. I like the no holes barred approach. A must for anyone who is interested in space history.