5.0 out of 5 stars Good value study bible
I'm really pleased with my paperback version.

Published on 7 Jan 2010 by Lazy

3.0 out of 5 stars SMALL IS NOT ALWAYS BEAUTIFUL
I bought this Life Application Study Bible for my Christian friend, in her 60s, but the writing is quite small. I, myself had great difficulty reading it, but I do have minor sight problems. Her eyesight is better than mine and, hopefully, she will have no problems reading it. I will not be sending it back.
Published on 25 Sep 2010 by Caroline A. Vassiliou

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value study bible, 7 Jan 2010
I'm really pleased with my paperback version.

Its easy to read with lots of helpful commentary. My pages aren't stuck together tightly as someone else was complaining about. Its not fancy - but it has spaces for a family tree and other family information. I just wish I had bought the hardback version as the cover is beginning to look a little tatty with use - but I guess it is better to have a bible that is worn and loved than one in pristine condition that has barely been looked at.

All in all, a lovely bible but I would defo recommend getting the hardback version if you are going to use your bible frequently.

5.0 out of 5 stars The most accurate, current, understandable learning Bible, 20 Feb 1999
By A Customer
Growing up with, and preferring the accuracy and poetry of the KJV, then finding the surprisingly more accurate Holy Bible From the Ancient Eastern Text (George M. Lamsa's Translation from the Aramaic of the Peshitta), I never liked and trusted another Bible translation until I read the NIV Life Application Study Bible. With it's contemporary written style and it's 10,000+ footnotes (and subject-index to them all), this Bible makes clear the Words of God in a fresh way never before possible: bringing to light passages that neither I nor even leaders in my church knew the real meanings of before. With over 100 profiles of Bible persons, 200+ maps, 260+ charts, an exhaustive cross-referencing system in the margins to help you quickly find related passages, book introductions, and much more, this Bible is a supreme joy to study! New and veteran Christians -anyone- will be thrilled to learn and understand much more of God's Word by this Book with it's study helps all throughout. (Most pages are 1/2 - 3/4 of study notes!) If I were to have only one Bible, this would be it. An immense Bible-learning treasure!

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I needed, 6 Jun 2012
I have used the Life Application NIV bible for years as the textual notes/profiles etc make understanding the bible so much easier, but it is a huge and heavy book to lug around. I got a Kindle 9 months ago and love it, so naturally, the opportunity to combine the two was irresisitable...even at over £16. I had concerns that the navigation facility would be difficult and slow as the sample I downloaded did not allow exploration of this but this is not the case. I use a one-year reading system, so at one sitting I go from Old Testament, to New Testament, then Psalms and then Proverbs and although to get from one book to another requires going to the contents table, this can be done quickly. The links to the notes for each verse is one touch back and forth and as easy to use as the paper version, I am very pleased with this. An added bonus with the kindle version is the ability to one touch click to any cross ref. With the paper version, this would require manually looking it up. There is no search facility to take you directly to a given book & verse but as stated before, the navigation via the contents table is quick and takes me no longer than flicking through the books in the paper version. The only downside I have found is that the timelines and maps don't work at all! This is not a major issue for me as I rarely use them and still have the paper version if I need them. The convienience of having all this information in such a portable form has made this well worth the money for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars NIV Life Application Study Bible by Zondervan Publishing, 1 Aug 2009
Stuart Farmer (Taunton, Somerset) - See all my reviews
I was presented with a hard back edition of this Bible in 2001. The one on review was bought for my son who was serving in Afghanistan at the time. The actual written review is his:

1. Packaging

Excellent. No damage whatsoever - even though received in a war zone!

2. Binding

Very good quality. Built to last.

3. Quality of print

Good. Consistent throughout and well laid out. Ideal size font.

4. Commentaries

Extremely helpful and theologically balanced for a newcomer to Bible study.

5.0 out of 5 stars An Excellent Study Aid for New and Mature Christians, 13 Oct 2002
By A Customer
I first bought this Bible when I first became a Christian ten years ago when this was first brought out.
It was in this Bible that I first learnt the great Christian doctrines of the Trinity, justification by faith, salvation by grace etc.
One thing I also like is that it comes in many different translations such the NKJV, the NIV and even the AV.
A good buy for anyone, especially those just starting on the path of Christ.

5.0 out of 5 stars I find it very helpful in my everday walk with God., 2 May 1999
By A Customer
I have used the Life Application Bible for at least 8 years and I think is a good bible for both new and old christians. It helps me see the scripture and how I can apply it to my life. It gives a lot of resource information to help when I teach Sunday School or a Bible Study. I recommend it in both the NIV and the KJV.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!, 21 April 2008
J. Meakin "jpm505" (Derbyshire UK) - See all my reviews
I own a lot of bibles including study ones, but this by far is the best. The notes are very easy to read and understand. You can see why this is called life application - already I've been challenged by some passages which although I've read before, read in conjunction with the notes - wow!
I would highly recommend this bible.

5.0 out of 5 stars Thrilled, 4 Dec 2010
P. Crane "PC" (Sandhurst, England) - See all my reviews
I bought this version of the Bible for my sister as a birthday present. She has recently come back to God and I wanted to get her a modern Bible with a study guide. This is one that I'd bought myself last year and I thought it would be ideal for her. She was thrilled with it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to read and understand, 19 Mar 2010
My husband had problems with reading his old Bible, so I started to look on a different version of it, more practical, and one that gives explanatory text within more complicated story's. I stopped to this one, and he approved few days later after comparing with other Bibles his friends have.

It is more expensive, actually very expensive but worth it, it comes in a beautiful package, and the cover is beautiful leather, the print is large and the text very helpful, so we pay for two qualities which others do not have. Saying that, who ever get this bible has to take care with the pages, are very thin and fragile, is not a book that you can throw about, it needs care as the subject of it is, sensitive.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great Bible for Study, 12 Nov 2007
The main purpose of Bible study must be to apply it to aur lives. It's useless knowing lots of theology if we don't put what the Bible says into practice. This Bible is a brilliant tool in that it helps you to take God's word and apply it to everyday life. What does it mean for us today. It also provides necessary background information. I also like this Bible in the NLT, but prefer this version because I feel that the NIV is a more faithful translation (although admittedly not without its faults) This certainly has to be one of the best Study Bibles around. God bless you as you study his word!

Life Application Study Bible-NIV
Life Application Study Bible-NIV by Zondervan Bibles (Leather Bound - 6 Oct 2009)
Used & New from: £53.60