4.0 out of 5 stars new look, 24 Dec 2008
This review is from: NIV Gift Bible (Leather Bound)
This book is nicely leather bound making it nice to hold and durable. The print is reasonable and chapters are easily indexed in the front and it also contains some brief study notes,glossary and overview of life in new testament times. I have found this book an excellent aid to study having just come to faith.

5.0 out of 5 stars What a lovely purchase, 19 May 2009
southcoastreviewer "perpetual student" (Brighton, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
This review is from: NIV Gift Bible (Leather Bound)
I decided to buy this bible, as my current NIV is getting a little... well... well read :)

Beautiful little binding, and perfect font size (IMO) to keep the book a comfortable, portable size.

5.0 out of 5 stars VERY GOOD BUY, 24 Aug 2009
This review is from: NIV Gift Bible (Leather Bound)
I bought this Bible for my cousin as a birthday present & she loved it. Would recommend it to anyone. Very light to carry & can fit in any normal size handbag. I will buy another copy for myself. The cover, the pages, everything about it is just lovely.

5.0 out of 5 stars bible leather bound, 31 Jan 2009
This review is from: NIV Gift Bible (Leather Bound)
execellent purchase beautiful bible leather bound execellent as a gift bible mum overjoyed with it

4.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic as a gift or Bible to carry around, 11 April 2011
snap (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: NIV Gift Bible (Leather Bound)
This would make a lovely gift because of the design of the cover, and looks great on the go. Lightweight enough to be used as a portable Bible - perhaps to take with you to church, Bible study groups and classes, or general reference.

I haven't read every single verse but based on the contents page and from what I have read so far it seems very complete in-line with the NIV Bible (i.e. it claims to be an NIV and I'm confident it actually is).

The font is small, but not unreadable, so probably not suitable for extended use. Font and spacing are large enough to read clearly and underline, however little-to-no space to write notes.

As with most Bibles, the pages are very thin so be careful not to rip the pages when turning. If you are going to write notes or underline use a pencil or an oil-based ink pen (e.g. Biro, Bic). Don't use highlighters, ink or felt tipped pens as the ink will go through the page.

Indexing is clear, and includes a few reference tables. In the New Testament Jesus' speech is in a red font. There is a piece of ribbon attached which can be used as a bookmark.

I love everything about this Bible except the texture of the cover. It is very durable and a lovely design and colour, but it feels almost rubbery to touch and picks up dirt and dust very easily.

4.0 out of 5 stars Really lovely!, 22 Dec 2009
Mrs. L. Sheridan (Devon) - See all my reviews
This review is from: NIV Gift Bible (Leather Bound)
It is actually a gift bible but I bought it as a present for myself and it's perfect for me. It's beautifully bound and presented with clear indexing and lovely silver edged pages. There is enough room to make notes in the margins but the only downside would be that the writing may be a little small for some. As a new 'convert' I love it!!

5.0 out of 5 stars NIV Bible, 23 May 2009
J. E. N. Gent (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: NIV Gift Bible (Leather Bound)
This Bible can be understood by me. I like it and treasure it

NIV Gift Bible
NIV Gift Bible by Zondervan Publishing (Leather Bound - 10 Aug 2007)
Used & New from: £2.07