5.0 out of 5 stars Analogies between the natural and spiritual body, 18 Feb. 1998
This review is from: In His Image (Paperback)
I have enjoyed reading and re-reading this book over the last decade. As a surgeon, I can appreciate Dr. Brand's sense of wonder for the human body, and as a Christian, I appreciate the parallels Brand and Yancey have drawn between the human body and the body of Christ. I enthusiastically recommend this book (and its companion volume FEARFULLY AND WONDERFULLY MADE).

5.0 out of 5 stars Brand's Medical Insights Illuminate the Spiritual Body, 16 Feb. 1999
This review is from: In His Image (Paperback)
Paul Brand succeeds in getting the reader to more clearly understand the spiritual metaphor of the Body of Christ--the church. His illumination of the design and function of our body's organs, features, and specialized intricacies both inspire awe in the body as the work of a masterful Creator and bring new meaning to Biblical concepts, such as blood, breath, head, and suffering.

5.0 out of 5 stars As good as Fearfully and Wonderfully Made, 9 May 2011
This review is from: In His Image (Paperback)
I was really impressed by the first book in the trilogy looking with a surgeon's knowledge at how the design of the human body teaches us things about God. So on finishing "Fearfully and Wonderfully Made" I immediately bought the other 2 books in the series "In His Image" and "The Gift of Pain" however it took a while for me to start reading "In His Image" partly as I thought since I was so amazed by the first book I was probably going to have such high expectations for the others that I would be disappointed. Well I was not disappointed.

"In His Image" looks at the functions of the body in 5 sections - Image, Blood, Head, Spirit and Pain. How the biological functions work are explained very clearly, I have no medical knowledge and found myself once again in awe of how the body works. Brand's brilliance is not only explaining how the body works but relating it to what that may mean in terms of better understanding the way the Bible describes God, for example the section on the Head reflects on what does that mean as we think about references to Christ as the Head of the church and the church as the Body. In the section of Blood what are the functions of blood in the body such as removing the waste products from the system and carrying the life necessary elements where they are required.

This book offers a great deal to reflect on. Although it is the second in the series you would not need to read "Fearfully and Wonderfully Made" in order to understand "In His image", but since they are both great books I would recommend you read them both.

5.0 out of 5 stars Biblical metaphors from a medical point of view, 10 Dec. 1997
This review is from: In His Image (Paperback)
I just wanted to let people know how much I enjoyed this book. Being from a medical background, this book really tied my biblical and medical knowledge together in a moving way.

5.0 out of 5 stars A good book, 15 Jan. 2014
Mr. G. Pearson (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: In His Image (Paperback)
Like the rest of Paul Brands books, this is one great book packed with amazing information about the complex Human Body.
We are the handy-work of God and such a complex being could not have been produced by the theory of a "Big Bang".

5.0 out of 5 stars An amazing wonderful book - this is my second copy as ..., 13 Dec. 2014
This review is from: In His Image (Kindle Edition)
An amazing wonderful book - this is my second copy as I'd lent my original (!!) and it is one I always want to have around. How incredible is our Creator and His creation.

5.0 out of 5 stars In His image, 19 Sept. 2013
This review is from: In His Image (Paperback)
What an interesting and enlightening book and I recommend that people read it and get to know how wonderfully mankind is created by God

5.0 out of 5 stars Heading, 10 July 2013
This review is from: In His Image (Paperback)
Yes the book arrived and its what you would expect if you buy something isn't it without all this palaver about praising everybody

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for Lay reader as well as Medical Student!!!, 7 Aug. 2013
D. M. Buchan "Good Golly" (Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: In His Image (Paperback)
Excellent for Lay reader as well as Medical Student!!! I enjoyed reading this on holiday and bought it for a Medical Student.

In His Image
In His Image by Philip Yancey (Paperback - 17 Sept. 1987)
Not in stock; order now and we'll deliver when available