5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, Intelligent & Life Changing
If you're not a Christian, and you're interested in spiritual matters, then you'll find this book interesting. It's intelligently written by a man who's thought deeply about his subject and who writes well and in a way that can be understood by anyone. It's full of ideas that will educate, provoke and challenge you - even if you don't agree with them all.

If...
Published 8 months ago by Clive369

1.0 out of 5 stars For me, I found it too overpowering for someone ...
For me, I found it too overpowering for someone who hasn't grown up with a Christian faith...it's had the opposite effect to the one I hoped for.
Published 6 months ago by Becky

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, Intelligent & Life Changing, 29 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Purpose Driven Life (Paperback)

If you're already a Christian then this book is like manna from heaven. It explains what our relationship with God is (He loves us and He has amazing plans for us if we're willing to receive His gifts and follow him); why we're here on Earth (to serve Him and to follow Christ's teachings) and how we can make ourselves fit to live in His Kingdom when we die and depart this life (by striving to develop the character of Jesus Christ by modelling our character on His, i.e. not by following worldly goals or by being self-serving).

Following this way of living is a huge challenge. But, if you believe in God and the reality of the afterlife (Heaven & Hell) then there can be nothing more rewarding.

Rick Warren has turned the complex and multi-faceted Holy Bible into a simple "how to" manual for living a God-centred life. It's an amazing book that, if you're willing to take on board the lessons, WILL lead you to living a truly worthwhile life. That doesn't mean it's a worthwhile life by worldly standards, which is so much focused on material gain and "winning" over your fellow humans, but a worthwhile life by God's standards which means you get to live a joy-filled and meaningful existence for eternity, not just your 3-score and 10 allocation in this world. That doesn't mean life will be easy (it may be far from easy) but it will be worthwhile because you'll be ready to receive the amazing inheritance he's planned for us in Heaven.

1.0 out of 5 stars For me, I found it too overpowering for someone ..., 3 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Purpose Driven Life (Paperback)

2.0 out of 5 stars Recommended by several church goers and leaders I know, 3 April 2015
I. Fraser (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Purpose Driven Life (Paperback)
Recommended by several church goers and leaders I know. I have a deep and quiet faith, and understand plenty about theology, psychology and science, in case that is necessary to know, for context, and am a communicant in of the Church of England. I read this book in good faith, and with an open mind, and found the book to be mostly drivel.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is an amazing book for anyone but if your a christian it's ..., 7 Oct. 2014
This is an amazing book for anyone but if your a christian it's a must. It's informative, proactive, thought provoking, directional and puts so many things into perspective.

All this is achieved reading just one chapter a day but don't beat yourself up if you don't manage it every day, it's better to get the information than not.

5.0 out of 5 stars You will take your character into eternity., 14 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Purpose Driven Life (Paperback)
There are five purposes for our life:
1) To worship God
2) To have fellowship with our spiritual family in church.
3) To become like Christ through discipleship.
4) To serve in God's church.
5) To reach out to the world through mission.

It takes a lifetime to build Christlike character, and that only happens through fellowship in the church. But what happens if you're in church where you have no friends or companions? This book goes some way to try and address this issue over forty-two days.

3.0 out of 5 stars Some good ideas, but narrow in it's outlook, 17 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Purpose Driven Life (Paperback)
this seems a summary of received wisdom from most religions. However, I found the 'them and us' eg 'we are the saved and the others are damned ' outlook limiting and off putting

5.0 out of 5 stars What an amazing book. Everyone should read this as it has ..., 4 July 2014
This review is from: Purpose Driven Life (Paperback)
What an amazing book. Everyone should read this as it has motivated me with it's content and definately made me understand my faith and make me a better Christian.

1.0 out of 5 stars The opposite of self help, 15 July 2014
This review is from: Purpose Driven Life (Paperback)
Couldn't go passed the 8th day. Total disillusion with the book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Review, 14 May 2014
This review is from: Purpose Driven Life (Paperback)
This is a truly wonderfully inspiring book which really makes you assess your whole being and gives you insightful tips on how to be a better person for the good of God, yourself and others in an easy to read and digest format. I am delighted to have purchased and read this book. I have bought two other books by the author and am looking forward to reading them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 8 Feb. 2015
Great introduction to understanding our purpose in life. Rick is a truly gifted teacher

Purpose Driven Life
Purpose Driven Life by Warren Rick (Paperback - 1 Oct. 2012)