5.0 out of 5 stars A must, must, must read
There are few books that have such a life changing impact as this beautifully written and crafted piece. Working right back from the idea that part of the fall was to do with mankind being tempted to see all they haven't got and that this brings ingratitude into the world. If we want to reverse this and life a full life, full of gifts, full of intimacy, we need to learn...
Published on 30 May 2011 by Ms. Z. J. Harries

2.0 out of 5 stars Good point, but painfully written!
I was given this book by a dear friend and the message is strong - we should be grateful to God in all circumstances. I believe God is good and has the perfect plan for our lives, therefore, we should not question Him when things go awry. But Ann Voskamp has an unusual writing style. For example, 'I can still hear our daughter squealing ecstasy as the ball rolled...
Published 2 months ago by stylo

5.0 out of 5 stars A must read!, 31 Mar 2014
This review is from: One Thousand Gifts: A Dare to Live Fully Right Where You Are (Hardcover)
I read this book last year and it had a very positive impact on me - I have since gone on to buy it for two other people. It is one of those books that are in my top ten 'must read' list. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Book to Awaken a Sleeping Heart, 6 Mar 2014
I loved this book, and am about to go right back to the beginning and start again. Lyrical prose that thundered a lifebeat into a soul tired and afraid, and birthed me a new heart ready to trust. If I had the money I'd buy it for everyone I know!

A beautiful exploration of what it means to be a Christian, to rightly worship God. Thorough scriptural references, and wonderfully apropos quotes turn one woman's journey into a roadmap to joy in God and life for all of us who are ready to risk authentic living and soul deep appreciation for all we are given.

5.0 out of 5 stars Thankfulness, 25 Feb 2014
it is such an encouraging read,-prompting thankfulness when we don't quite feel like it at the time.The reward being a lightness of heart and spirit because our focus is on the Giver of every good gift -and not on ourself.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Reading, 29 Dec 2013
...which obviously requires beautiful writing. Ann Voskamp does write beautifully, thoughtfully and poetically about living in thankfulness, finding God in our lives, in the smallest things.

5.0 out of 5 stars life saving, 24 Aug 2013
Wow ... A beautiful reminder of how to drink deeply in a world that often looks and feels like a barren wasteland.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great read, 19 Aug 2013
J. Baker - See all my reviews
It took awhile to get into this book because of the poetic writing, but I'm glad I kept on. It's a very good read, challenging yet encouraging, and surprisingly the writing style actually relaxes you as you read. It's like getting a mental massage!

5.0 out of 5 stars giving thanks for this lovely book, 4 Aug 2013
an intimate journey with Ann as she is filled with Grace and finds the key to joy, beautifully written, open and honest

5.0 out of 5 stars encouraging and uplifting, 13 Jun 2013
very encouraging through mega hard times.God shines through us and his world. please read!! may the Lord bless yuo as you read this

5.0 out of 5 stars LIFE CHANGING BOOK, 12 Jun 2013
THIS BOOK WAS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED TO ME AND I FOUND IT DIDN'T DISAPPOINT. CHANGES YOUR PERSPECTIVE ON DAILY LIFE/LIVING/AND GOD-STUFF . BOTH UPLIFTING AND IMMENSELY PRACTICAL. IT DOES NOT SIDESTEP THE FACT THAT LIFE CAN HURT REAL BAD. I FOUND IT HARD TO STOP READING ONCE I STARTED BUT THERE WERE DEPTHS AND PHRASES I HAD TO KEEP REREADING FOR THEIR BEAUTY OR POIGNANCY TO INTEGRATE THEM INTO MY OWN THINKING OR BECAUSE THEY WERE JUST STARTLING. I LOVE HER STYLE OF WRITING, FELT I HAD GOT TO KNOW HER WELL FROM HER HONESTY AND VULNERABILITY. JUST READ IT AND FIND OUT.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 4 Jun 2013
I have lost count of how many copies I have given to friends - thankfulness IS the key to a joy filled life. A really valuable resource. Thank you Ann.

One Thousand Gifts: A Dare to Live Fully Right Where You Are
One Thousand Gifts: A Dare to Live Fully Right Where You Are by Ann Voskamp (Hardcover - 1 Jan 2011)
10.39