on 27 January 2003
Ben Carson's Think Big offers one of the most sincere refreshing an non patronizing advice and inspiration for anyone who's ever wanted something out of life on any level, and everyone who's ever felt like theirs is the impposible dream. From a kid in a single mom home on the wrong side of the "social track" to one of the worlds greatest neurologists, Carson offers some of the lessons he learnt about people life, and moreover some of the neccessary ingredients for aiming for the stars, falling short, picking yourself up and aiming more accurately. Heartfelt and clear cut, a good read by any standard.
on 30 October 2012
Brought this book for my granddaughter but ended up reading it first. very motivational i wish i was younger I would have pursued my dreams!!! highly recommended to anyone that has low self esteem or just needs that extra boost as it did for me. God bless you Ben Carson and your mother against all odds you both made it.
on 17 May 2013
I read Dr Ben Carson's first book a long time ago which is amazing! A boy with many possibilities in becoming just another problematic teenager, becomes a great doctor.
The book is about all the people behind the scenes and how they were a key to his success. What makes Dr Carson a special person is his gratitude and simplicity. I recommend to everyone! Our society is in need of more examples of mothers like Dr Carson's mother.
on 27 March 2014
Ben Carson first amazed the world with his story, Gifted Hands. In Think Big he starts to outline principles of success and the power of taking considered and calculated risks. he does not shy away from talking about the role of Faith in his life and the part that God has to play. It is an inspirational book but with a lot of advice and less of a "story" compared to Gifted Hands. Many young people i gave this to are inspired.
on 21 January 2016
This was an amazing book and tells you all about Ben Carsons life story, and his faith in believing he was born to achieve all that he could be. With the help from his mum and role models he applied him self by studying hard. A great inspiring book would definetly recommend
on 12 September 2014
The best book I've read for a long time, I keep quoting bits of it to everyone!
I think I can relate to where Mr Carson started out, as I too came from a background where poverty was the norm. But, what I like about Mr Carson's book is the constant emphasis on the people who have helped him rise above all odds and a love of learning (education and reading). I think the way he gives back and encourages young and old is fabulous and know that if someone like him came to the high school that I attended with his think big message it truly would have been a life changing experience

I highly recommend this book as it's not just another one of those self-development books (the cover did make me think that), it's also a book that teaches great lessons that only the University of Life can teach. I love the way Mr Carson has translated this into a very enjoyable and educational read.
on 8 April 2014
That book gave me the energy to (re) start devouring books but not in an excessive way.Commit yourself to instructions and wisdom
.Whatever you, don't be impressed by your own wisdom but trust in God in everything that you undertake.Really moved me .one of the best book that I have ever read.Of course, there are some parts which are not essential and which sometimes have killed my interest but in its whole I will recommend it again and again without hesitation or thinking.
Well done Sir. May God bless you.
on 4 April 2011
I read this book many years ago and it is still a best seller. Good for teenage children who are struggling in life. Proves that one can be successful if you work hard at your studies. I give copies to my nephews and nieces
on 20 August 2014
An amazing book, filled with such Wisdom and Knowledge.
What a Role Model for a Mother.
And also how he grew to defeat the stigma placed on his life.
What an inspiration.
I could not put the book down.
Ordered Taking Risks.
Excellent book.
Love how the focus was not on him, but those who encouraged and believed in him.
Didn't want it to end.
on 8 February 2009
This is an inspiring, true story of a black American boy who looked as though he was destined to go the way of many young adult males - from under-achieving at school to low paid job or, even worse, a life of crime and trouble. However, his mother intervenes and utilises her Christian faith to steer Ben Carson and his brother away from all that to being successful in school and eventually becomming a neuro-surgeon. This book is about the American Dream but it is a true story.