5.0 out of 5 stars Superb product
Published on 21 Dec 2009 by G. Gisby

3.0 out of 5 stars STill all Greek to me . . .
Not particularly impressed. Loads of stuff squashed into 4 A4 sheets - confused and confusing in the extreme, I found.

Plus, I found the three-hole format a nightmare - doesn't fit standard files in any way shape or form. I'll read the blurb more closely next time . . .
Published on 23 Mar 2011 by Lazy Kipper

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb product, 21 Dec 2009
G. Gisby - See all my reviews
This review is from: Biblical Greek (Zondervan Get an A! Study Guides) (Pamphlet)
This is a magnificent production! When I began teaching myself Greek, I made my own study sheet, but as my script is pretty awful and I entered the components as I came across them, the sheet was neither pretty nor useful, much like a patchwork quilt. This one, however, has it all, beautifully presented. It sails through the nasty declensions, leaving them as clear as day. The always confusing prepositions chart is excellently simplified. There is a treatment of some fifty of the commonest verbs indicating grammatical irregularities, all the voices and moods. All this and more is condensed into four A4 sides, with non-microscopic script to boot. In addition, it is plasticized and so will not meet the same untimely end that befell my home-made version...drowned in coffee. All in all, this, alongside your text is worth double the price!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good summary for revision & to obtain overview, 31 Jan 2011
This simple four-page brochure does what the description led me to expect: it summarizes the principal Koiné Greek structures in a series of well-presented charts, using colour-coding to made patterns, similarities and differences stand out.

The print is small but very clear and more than 90% consists of Greek paradigms (conjugated verbs, nouns with all their declined forms, etc.). The rest summarizes a few rules.

I could have done without the listing of the alphabet, which takes up more than a quarter of the first page - but perhaps many first-year students will be glad that it is there.

The format is the odd American paper size, which is wider and shorter than A4, and it is hole-punched for an American 3-ring binder, so it will be a bit too wide for most binders used in the rest of the world(!), and adding the standard rest-of-the world two holes will obliterate some text (layout has been adjusted to move in from the margins where the "American" holes were to go!). In spite of this, I feel that removing a star would not really be justified.

It is both a good revision guide for first and second-year students and a useful overview and reference for all those in the early years of learning New Testament Greek.

4.0 out of 5 stars Initially useful summary sheet, 14 Aug 2012
I'm teaching myself New Testament Greek and initially found this 4 page summary sheet to be a useful guide to the scope of what I would need to learn. I have now worked my way through a couple of textbooks: The Elements of New Testament Greek by Jeremy Duff and Learn New Testament Greek by John Dobson (both excellent books). If I need to look grammar up when reading the New Testament in Greek then I tend to use Jeremy Duff's book which has a 20 page summary of grammar and other useful reference material. 4 pages is simply not enough information. However, I certainly think I have got my money's worth from this product. One small thing which was unhelpful initially was that the case of nouns and adjectives is given in a different order to the above 2 textbooks (nom, gen, dat, acc rather than nom, acc, gen, dat).

5.0 out of 5 stars Biblical Greek, 11 May 2014
Brought this reference card for studying of Greek words etc.
very informative for a beginner and I do like the plastic covering
where you can just wipe off without damaging the card

5.0 out of 5 stars Good info tool, 30 Jan 2014
Not actually used it yet, but it will be very helpful when I start, it as the alphabet and more, saves you writing all this information out. Its is nice to simply have it at hand. It comes already hole punched so you can put it into a folder.

5.0 out of 5 stars but I also use the Hebrew) and are perfect for students who are learning the language and for ..., 26 Nov 2013
I am a teacher of Biblical languages and I always suggest that my students purchase these quick study guides. I find that, even after years of teaching that I also appeal to them quite a bit. They provide at a quick glance the basic grammar for the languages (Greek in this case, but I also use the Hebrew) and are perfect for students who are learning the language and for veterans who need a fast reminder.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for 1st to 3rd year under graduates., 26 Nov 2013
Needs to be purchased alongside the full range of Mounces New Testament Greek study guides and tools. Highly recommend this to any Theology student who wishes to compliment there degrees with a good understanding of the old languages.

4.0 out of 5 stars Really Useful Grammar Summary, 14 Oct 2013
A. Jefferies (London, England) - See all my reviews
This is a very condensed summary of NT Greek grammar. It covers everything from the Greek letters to eg morphenes of middle/passive participles. The density of information is huge so really it should be primarily used as a reference - a reminder of what you already, sort of, know. Don't try and learn from scratch from this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ideal quick rederence, 1 Sep 2013
Every novice NT Greek reader confuses the tenses in Greek even in the KJV and others. This is a wonderfully simple way to check what each word really says in the Greek. Its a lot easier than thumbing through the pages of a text book to find the answer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Clear, concise and a brilliant study tool, 25 May 2013
Socrates (Plymouth, UK) - See all my reviews
Laminated and very easy to read. A definitive study tool that makes quick referencing and memory prompting very easy. A Greek Scholar's dream tool.

Biblical Greek (Zondervan Get an A! Study Guides)
Biblical Greek (Zondervan Get an A! Study Guides) by William D. Mounce (Pamphlet - 3 Jun 2005)
4.50