Format: Paperback|Change

on 3 January 2003
This book of prayers is ideal for those praying alone or leading intercessions for a larger group and indeed for any situation in between.
Subjects include Praise,Special Occasions, Worship, Healing, Death, Quietness, Birthdays,Growing Old....and many more, covering every facet of human life. The prayers are arranged in easy to find sections and are therefore extremely useful when preparing for any type of worship. They are also arranged in alphabetical order, by author and by theme so making it simple to find any sort of prayer you need.
As for the prayers themselves the variety is amazing, ranging from those written within the last few years to one written by St. Jerome round about 400AD! The prayers vary in length, language, tradition and style, and whereas some would suit the more mature in years, there are just as many for the younger reader.
Prayers for participation are also included with several having simple responses for groups of any size to repeat. There are even hints on how to pray in a variety of situations and how to use the book itself.
This book is not just a book of many prayers but also one of many uses and for many people. Buy, search, find and pray!
33 comments| 110 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 13 September 2010
The prayers in this book are varied, topical and contemporary. I needed some help with congregational prayers at church and found the prayers chosen in this book were very appropriate for all occasions and situations. It has become a well-worn book in only a few months! Reccommended for church prayers and personal prayer alike.
on 22 July 2014
A lovely book of prayers, some are fairly traditional, but there are others that are lovely in their simplicity as they are written in everyday language. Inspiring and helpful when needing another persons words when you can't find the right ones yourself.
on 10 November 2010
Fantastic book of prayers for everyday use,highly recommend this book if like me you are called on to lead prayers in church.Top marks.
on 19 July 2009
The Book of a Thousand Prayers

I bought this book for a friend as a gift on the occasion of the blessing of her marriage. She reads the book regularly and has found a great deal of comfort from the book and tells me how relevant the content is to life in general.
on 7 April 2013
I was looking for a book with general prayers in as I am to lead services (C of E). This has very good prayers in different subject and I have found it just the job. I did google the title before I bought it and a site showing an extact came up showing the types of prayers and sample prayers.
on 10 March 2014
Use it every day.
Poetical, relevant, inspirational.
Funny, makes the presence of Jesus Christ very real and he is closer now than ever.

I wake up smiling and go to sleep laughing.

He is my best friend and this book helped me through a move and a difficult time, when I was taken to hospital, having inhaled gas
when I was asleep for 6 hours. I`m up and recovered and very glad to be alive.
on 18 February 2013
I think this is a lovely book. There are prayers for any occasion, and they are easy to read and understand. I use them for private prayer or with Church friends. There is a good list of contents, and a thorough index of themes.
on 5 November 2013
A simply written prayer book, it has sections on just about every topic, with prayers from all sorts of people and sources over time. It's a lovely anthology that inspires, guides and focuses one' s own prayer life.
on 19 June 2013
I lead the Intercessions at our church and this book gives me lots of leads to follow. Serves my purpose very well.