on 22 September 2014
I found that each page covered something which I recognised from my own life experiences (personal and in others). I gained understanding and was motivated to make changes - to take back control. Reading this book is likely to change you!
on 14 July 1998
This book will help you to identify exactly why. It will help you identify what you are, and are NOT responsible for, and how to not confuse them. This book has brought a new peace to my life such as I have fought all my life for, but never knew. Required reading for my friends. This book also helps the reader to avoid "guilt" messages, and other manipulations of hurtful people who need to have limits set on their harmful behavior. It helps the reader to realize that setting boundaries is not "criticizing" the offender, and how to respond when the offender makes like it is the hurt person who sets limits that does wrong. This book receives my personal, Gold plated, five star recommendation. My highest possible ranking.
on 4 May 2013
First of all, I had no idea that that this book was from a deeply Christian view, I feel that not stating this clearly anywhere in the blurb amounts to mis-selling and is decidedly unchristian.,

I am finding it difficult to absorb the message of the book because of the sheer number of biblical references (at least 2 references per page); you are up the river without a paddle if you don't understand or are a lapsed bible reader because this understanding is central to the book. If anything, the constant and numerous biblical references get in the way of what may be a very useful read. Sure, by all means do what you want with your book but do not foist it onto unsuspecting readers because you have been dishonest in your marketing.
on 14 October 2014
Can very much recommend this book - so full of clarity - beautiful! Even though I didn't know it was based on the Bible when ordering it, I don't mind to learn from any source, if it has something positive and honest to offer.
on 20 July 2012
This book is tiny, it is a bad joke when the advert doesn't mention the fact it is a small pocket sized miniture with a few clips from the original that already has to have been read to make sense of it.
Very disappointed
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 5 July 2013
I didn't read the title carefully enough... this is a MINI EDITION and absolutely tiny. I thought I was buying the full sized book. Please make the title clearer please! Many people have obviously made the same mistake!
on 27 May 2014
I highly recommend this book to every human being; there are so many hurts in the world because people fail to understand their boundaries. Also good for those in the leadership position; parents, teachers and pastors.
on 24 February 2013
Cloud and Townsend have written a number of books and this is a great one as a guide for personal use and also as guidelines when couselling people. An extremely helpful book which you can dip into time and again.
on 23 March 2016
It is very useful and rich in biblical references. Concepts are explained simply and clearly even if it's a very dense book so personally I read it very slowly, giving my mind the time to assimilate every word
on 24 November 2012
Suddenly an explanation for some of the challenges in life. Better yet - suggestions for changing directions when life has taken one on an unsatisfactory path. I have already recommended it for others to read.