on 7 May 1999
How come so many people in our society haven't been aware of this approach to improving our relationships with God, other people and ourselves? This is an excellent book!!! The examples of boundaries are very helpful. If you have had relationship problems in your life, this will really help you to understand why, and what needs to be done to heal. We have used it for a spiritual based discussion group and it has been remarkable to see the profound effects it has had in other people's lives as well as my own. Read this book!!!
on 24 May 2011
This is a FANTASTIC book!!
It's a must read if you feel you have a problem with boundaries - if you say yes to more than you want to because you feel you ought to, and then feel people are taking advantage of you.
It's a Christian book, but I would imagine that even if you're not a Christian you can still learn a lot - just ignore the references.
It is a super, super book.
on 6 June 2014
I personally thought this book was rubbish and learnt more online than I got from this book. The Christian parts are very frustrating.
on 13 April 2002
Boundaries takes the issue of repairing broken walls in our lives seriously. It really should be read by everybody. We all have broken relationships, mistakes along the way etc. It helps you take responsibility for your errors and shows how to avoid the same pitfalls in the future. It gives excellent tools that go beyond healing you, to assisting others on their way to recovery.
on 2 February 2014
I am afraid I couldn't get past the persistent religious tone of the book in the way others managed to do. It seemed pervasive to me and was very distracting. Even examples of situations often included overt religious overtones. Although I am not religious I am not anti Christianity and it has to be fairly full on to interfere with my ability to appreciate the content.

A shame that it wasn't toned down.
on 26 August 2009
This should be part of basic education!! Luckily it's all in a book for us to read. This book changed my outlook on many thing in life. It took away a lot of the misplaced guilt I had, helped me reposition my priorities and responsibilities and just made my relational life generally simpler. I highly recommend it to everyone even if you think you're doing fairly well, you'll be surprised what you'll find!
on 2 September 2010
One of the most inspiring and helpful books I have ever had the pleasure of reading. Full of Godly wisdom and practical help/how to place and maintain healthy boundaries in ones life. I recommend this book to everyone who has ever found it difficult to say no when inside you really mean yes and visa versa.Boundaries: When to Say Yes, How to Say No, to Take Control of Your Life
on 31 January 2012
This is a wonderful book that brings so much clarity and empowerment. The biggest lesson it starts off with is that when someone creates a problem, YOU are the one who has to make changes. If the other person is irresponsible but happy, and they make you unhappy, then YOU have a problem, not the other person. Therefore, the incentive to do anything constructive about it has to come from you. Nothing will improve until YOU learn how to set limits. You will learn when and how to say "no" to end your suffering, or before resentment brews deep enough to cause unintentionally destructive behavior on your part. This and Robert MacKenzie's book called Setting Limits are complementary must-have's. Both are easy to understand and a joy to learn from.
on 14 February 2009
This book is life changing, even for non-Christians. It shows clearly how not having boundaries in your life harms not only yourself, but others too. And then it gives very practical advice - with examples - of how you can set those boundaries at work, at home, in relationships, as a parent, child and friend. It's not about being selfish, it's about being what we should be and enabling others to do so too.
And it's very easy to read, too, with a useful fold-out cover to use as a bookmark.
For Christians, it gives the bible passages backing up the assertions made, which is especially helpful for those of us whose Christian community seems to emphasise the 'doormat' type of giving of ourselves.
on 6 June 2001
A good book to start getting areas of your life in order,helping you to become confident with your decisions.Learning to be in control of your own decisions rather than feeling obliged to do things. Helps you understand why you do things a certain way even when it causes you pain,encouraging you to start changing the situations around.